UPS stealing pay?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by coolslice, Jun 15, 2019.

1. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I would imagine that if you could punch out everyday by 4:30 and bonus an hour+ you would feel a bit different about bonus. You are right though about bonus being more and more difficult to make. Very few bonus babies left anymore.

2. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Maybe it's different on my area but the company numbers here are stacked in their favor. Most guys never run scratch, you can't unless you run-gun.

What's more: bonus or an hour of overtime?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  3. I have been lurking

I have been lurking Female (Male)

God I miss the $300 "PLEASE COME IN AND HELP US LOAD THE TRUCKS OR EMPTY THE BINS WE'LL EVEN BUS YOU IN AND UBER YOU HOME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WE NEED YOU" bonus.

4. thecamel

thecamel Waiting to put the re in front of tired

Pay attention to the video on founder's day later this month where they highlight how a few determined men built a worldwide shipping company.
    You will hear the term constructively dissatisfied.
    Since this concept is no longer either explained nor supported you have the situation of the company creating bad drivers.
    Should now be termed destructively dissatisfied??

5. Wally

download-5.jpg

6. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

They are equal

7. OKLABob

OKLABob Member

I have a similar pickup on one of the routes I cover. Wrangler ships out over 1300 packages a day and they will send a truck in the morning to pick up 500-600 and the driver who runs the route with that pickup will get the rest. I asked the same question you are asking I ran to much under so my supervisor told me for every 5 bags I loaded they only credited me for 1. How true this is I don’t know.

8. myback

myback Member

I got you bonus right here pal

9. Wally

Does that equal include things like sorting at lunch, running all day, and stressing out?

10. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

Not here. Bonus = straight time.

11. PT Car Washer

No stress. Some delivery drivers just work harder then others.

12. Wally

How could running-gunning all day, every day, not be stressful? It's like a self administered OJS.

13. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

1 1/2 time here

14. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

1 1/2 time here too. Wasn't at first but it was grieved and UPS changed it.

Mostly pointless with the way they have screwed up the allowances on most routes.

15. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

Can't put a price on having a functioning body upon reaching retirement. Bonus is a stupid incentive that makes drivers work unsafe.

16. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Once some of these kids taste it
    It’s like a drug

17. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

We have drivers running their asses off all day and we aren't even a bonus center. Then when they get told to come take stops off me so I don't go over 9.5 they get all pissed. It's hilarious!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  18. PT Car Washer

Some people call it a steady pace for 7 hours. Well worth the extra effort to live a normal life with a wife and family. And still earn $80 to $90K a year.

19. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

My center voted out bonus. Only a couple of the "special" people cried about losing it.

20. Wally

Vote out bonus and earn 100k.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List