UPS stealing pay?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by coolslice, Jun 15, 2019.

1. coolslice

coolslice Member

So, this is not the first time this has happened. I have a pickup that on occasion will ship out a few hundred package, which obviously gives me a good amount of bonus on those day. The problem is that some of that bonus disappears somewhere between the report and my paycheck. My question is- is there some logical explanation for this that I'm not seeing? The last time this happened, I was told that "I wasn't at the stop long enough to get that amount of bonus." This time I'm not letting it go, unless there's just something I've missed.

I have pictures of the report and my check stub, but I can't get them to upload for some reason.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

If they are containerized, they will cut it, at times. i.e. 1000 letters in 10 tote boxes.

3. coolslice

coolslice Member

What I don't understand is why the center report is different from the paycheck. To me, that means there is an office somewhere where people are paid to look for ways to move the goal posts when a driver beats them at their own game. I imagine these are the same people that have cut the time allowances so bad that dispatchers are having a hard time getting routes with 160 stops to dispatch an 8 hour day.

Unless someone knows where it is written that UPS can take bonus away at their discretion, then I will finally try to use the union for something for the first time in 14 years. If they can't fix it, and I don't expect them to, then well, I live in a right-to-work state.

4. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

The union won’t help. They’d have to recognize production in order to even begin to fight this. My center fought a similar battle years ago and lost. The best thing anyone in a bonus center can do is get rid of it. Vote that crap out.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • List
  5. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

I was told at one time that anything over an hour of bonus has to be approved for by the DM. Not sure if it's true or not.

6. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

There is your answer. You have to stay there longer.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. coolslice

coolslice Member

I really don't consider it a production issue, I consider it a pay issue. This is the system UPS has set up, so they need to honor it. They have no issue busting your balls if you run over, so if running under doesn't matter, then running over shouldn't either. Either way, it all comes down to UPS wanting to pay you as little as possible and work you as hard as possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Why do you care so much what their dispatch allowance is?
    Stop chasing the carrot on a stick.
    Just work at a comfortable pace

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. coolslice

coolslice Member

I rectified that issue, but it made no difference. They still took it. UPS creates bad drivers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. coolslice

coolslice Member

I care when it takes money out of my pocket, otherwise I could care less. I work at about the most comfortable pace I can.

11. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Active Member

The union doesn’t recognize production. Production = bonus pay. You can’t have it both ways...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

You should never count on overtime or bonus.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Chnandler Bong

Chnandler Bong Active Member

Keep complaining. It won’t be long before your route has a time allowance adjustment and you’ll be running over allowed every day. (Which is why we voted out the bonus system in our center).

And I understand your point. The daily report SHOULD match your paycheck. But this company often lacks integrity. I routinely have to have my paycheck adjusted because they don’t always honor the 8 hour guarantee. It’s theft, plain and simple...and has nothing to do with time allowances. Someone alters timecards in order to deny pay.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Do you get straight time for bonus or OT? If straight time then bonus is a pay cut.

15. Chnandler Bong

Chnandler Bong Active Member

It was always paid at OT rate before we voted it out, but it might not be the same everywhere.

16. Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Whatbrownwontdoforyou Well-Known Member

Are you a dues paying member?

17. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

bonus?

18. Some areas get extra pay if you work under allowed.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Slow down if you want to be paid more. Simple.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

man ,that’s a runner/gunners dream...I prefer to run scratch. If Orion says last stop is 19:45 that’s when I will make it..(and if it says 17:00 I will still make it 19:45 :lol:) to many runners turning a 11hr dispatch into 8hrs

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List