UPS Stock almost to $120 this week...

badpal

I've been watching it for awhile thinking about selling some of my stock I bought back in 2008-2010 for $40 -$60 a share... Theres no way of knowing for sure what the stock market will do, just wondering what your opions/thoughts are on if it will continue to go up or sell at the 120 mark and be done with it...
Thanks guys.
Cash your dividend checks, or reinvest them, pay no nevermind to the stock price. Check back in 20 years.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Cash your dividend checks, or reinvest them, pay no nevermind to the stock price. Check back in 20 years.
The stock is a bit too high to drip! The dividends are a wonderful way to diversify and add new holdings!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Yes but doubling or tripling your initial investment is also not a bad thing.

I was always told that you should sell a stock when the price is at least 50% higher or lower than when you bought it.
Selling a stock at 50% lower than you bought it for might take the cake for worst advice you have ever given on here. And we all know how much bad advice you have given.....

Re-Raise

Yes but doubling or tripling your initial investment is also not a bad thing.

I was always told that you should sell a stock when the price is at least 50% higher or lower than when you bought it.

IMG_0283.JPG

I have always been a big Buffet fan. I believe if you sold a stock just because it had reached a certain price, you would often be selling shares in companies that were well ran and experiencing growth.

On the flip side if you held a stock because you didn't want to take a loss, you would be maintaining ownership in a company with problems.

Sometimes you should stay on a winner.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Keep it. Dollar cost averaging plus you are always buying at a 5% discount and reinvest the dividends you cannot go wrong.Maybe a split will happen some day.

Re-Raise

I just park there...we quit having contests lol

It is a 540i xdrive. My wife has wanted one for a while, so we pulled the trigger about a month ago. It is crazy fast! So many bells and whistles that I think my local mechanic will lock the doors if he sees me coming.

I still drive my Sierra to work, and we kept the Sequoia for her to drive in the winter.

Rack em

Made the Podium
How easy is it to sell stock through the despp deal. I have a decent amount of stock so I was gonna sell maybe 10-15 units , but I heard you have to jump through hoops, convert stocks, etc...

Is it really that difficult?

The Driver

I drive.
How easy is it to sell stock through the despp deal. I have a decent amount of stock so I was gonna sell maybe 10-15 units , but I heard you have to jump through hoops, convert stocks, etc...

Is it really that difficult?

I think you have to wait 2 years to sell, and if you own fewer than 100 shares you must wait until all of your shares are matured to 2 years before you sell. If you own greater than 100 shares you can sell any number of shares that are matured to 2 years. I could be wrong but that's what I remember.