UPS Stock split 1998 documentation

brown7816

Hello, can someone pls provide documentation of the UPS Stock split in 1998. The 1999 split details can be found on the web cause it was related to IPO but I can't find any documentation regarding UPS Stock split in 1998. I contacted computershare and of course they responded that UPS did not have a stock split

"Dear Sir/Madam:
Thank you for contacting Computershare, the transfer agent for United Parcel Service, Inc. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you.
Please be advised that UPS did not have stock splits......."

Can someone pls provide documentation of the UPS Stock split in 1998
Thank you

brown7816

delacroix, thank you for your help but my recollection is 2:1 split in 1998 then another 2:1 in 1999. the 1999 split is documented correctly in my UPS statement as is 1991 split but 1998 split is not listed correctly in the statements nor on computershare site . Hopefully some else will chime in with 1998 split info. thank you for your help

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
delacroix, thank you for your help but my recollection is 2:1 split in 1998 then another 2:1 in 1999. the 1999 split is documented correctly in my UPS statement as is 1991 split but 1998 split is not listed correctly in the statements nor on computershare site . Hopefully some else will chime in with 1998 split info. thank you for your help

Maybe because it split before the ipo

rod

Retired 22 years
Currently the UPS stock is selling at 175.68 .. it was worth 25 dollars before it split and went public. Somebody made a lot of money and it wasn’t the Union hourly.
I did ok by it. It didn't make me a multi millionaire but it doubled my nest egg overnight. I went from "can I afford to retire early" to I'm getting the FFFFF outta here the second I can.

Karma...

if a person ( union and non-union ) was in the thrift plan and rolled it into stock and bought stock along the way they did quite well ....too bad the union advised its members to do neither.

CHEMA-DELMA

Opened up around $25 per share, closed about $58 per shar also split 2 for 1 I think the same day. Rumor has it that UPS had 30,000 millionaires the day it closed, I had more then some less than others, to young to get out at that time. When I was promoted into FEEDERS I was told I would retire with plenty. The good years were with the generation before me. tha last 10 years all the grade 20 and above got the great bonus deal, they are guaranteed pretty much 100% of their salary. Not complaining but happy I had 30 years and never missed a paycheck. Not many people on the transportation industry can make that statement, I retired in 2017, went to work for a small family company never looked back.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Opened up around $25 per share, closed about $58 per shar also split 2 for 1 I think the same day. Rumor has it that UPS had 30,000 millionaires the day it closed, I had more then some less than others, to young to get out at that time. When I was promoted into FEEDERS I was told I would retire with plenty. The good years were with the generation before me. tha last 10 years all the grade 20 and above got the great bonus deal, they are guaranteed pretty much 100% of their salary. Not complaining but happy I had 30 years and never missed a paycheck. Not many people on the transportation industry can make that statement, I retired in 2017, went to work for a small family company never looked back.

Is there a timeframe for management retirees to sell back their UPS stock back to the Company?

Heard somewhere that it was 5 years after their retirement ..🤔

BaSEless

Is there a timeframe for management retirees to sell back their UPS stock back to the Company?

Heard somewhere that it was 5 years after their retirement ..🤔
When the company was private you had either 5 or 10 years to sell the stock back - sorry it's been a while and I don't remember which. After the company went public that requirement was lifted. You can have either A or B shares. A shares are kept in the Computershare account, B shares can be moved wherever you would like. The only real difference is voting power - A shares count essentially as 10 votes vs. a B share counting as 1. It's pretty irrelevant given the blocks of A shares that the CEO and others control.

DELACROIX

When the company was private you had either 5 or 10 years to sell the stock back - sorry it's been a while and I don't remember which. After the company went public that requirement was lifted. You can have either A or B shares. A shares are kept in the Computershare account, B shares can be moved wherever you would like. The only real difference is voting power - A shares count essentially as 10 votes vs. a B share counting as 1. It's pretty irrelevant given the blocks of A shares that the CEO and others control.

So ... all those 300,000 managers that instantly became millionaires after the stock went public back in “98” are now multimillionaires, them or their kin...

Kind of sad considering that when we were asking for increases in our pension funds the Company’s response was:

“Sorry...We can’t afford it”!

:bsbullf:

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Currently the UPS stock is selling at 175.68 .. it was worth 25 dollars before it split and went public. Somebody made a lot of money and it wasn’t the Union hourly.
I did.
All my savings, thrift plan, I bought stuff just to resale it and make a buck. I begged, borrowed , and stole the day they started letting drivers buy stock. When they opened that door, everyone knew it would be just a matter of time before it went public, no one knew when it was going to happen of coarse. I bought all I could with every nickel I could spare. I had a friend write me two 10,000 dollar checks six months apart. My parents, my in laws, gave me as much as they could. I knew this was going to be a once in a lifetime thing and I was lucky to be where I was when it happened.
I had 20 years in when it happened. I drove 10 more years after I became rich.
November 10, 1999 a date that will live in infamy. Boom.

Last edited:

DELACROIX

I did.
All my savings, thrift plan, I bought stuff just to resale it and make a buck. I begged, borrowed , and stole the day they started letting drivers buy stock. When they opened that door, everyone knew it would be just a matter of time before it went public, no one knew when it was going to happen of coarse. I bought all I could with every nickel I could spare. I had a friend write me two 10,000 dollar checks six months apart. My parents, my in laws, gave me as much as they could. I knew this was going to be a once in a lifetime thing and I was lucky to be where I was when it happened.
I had 20 years in when it happened. I drove 10 more years after I became rich.
November 10, 1999 a date that will live in infamy. Boom.

I am pretty sure some people knew before it went public...:rolleyes: :tiesmiley: