UPS stock up big

rod

Retired 22 years
Anybody need a UPS stapler? I know where probably 2 dozen of them are. In the woods across the street from my old UPS center. We had a driver who would throw them across the street the first time a staple jammed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPS had record quarter for profits and revenue thanks to 30% YoY increase in airfreight. Was up 8% yesterday and another 3% today . Looks like that Amazon account was more profitable than Fedex thought. Better tighten down the screws on everybody else.
Air freight (our premium service) up 30% and revenue only up 3% (essentially the price increase every year) and this doesn’t raise any red flags!?!?!?

I mean come on

fedx

Extra Large Package
Air freight (our premium service) up 30% and revenue only up 3% (essentially the price increase every year) and this doesn’t raise any red flags!?!?!?

I mean come on

That tells me they aren't charging enough and they are wasting resources and labor just to fill cans with freight. Co workers say Express does it just to have volume to look good for investors. But if you hauling all that extra stuff and not making money doing it, you're wasting time/money/equipment etc. I talked to a UPS driver at one of our big pickups and he said he used to haul the freight that I was getting and he said we are doing it for such a low price (to take the account away from UPS) that Express isn't making any money with that account.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That tells me they aren't charging enough and they are wasting resources and labor just to fill cans with freight. Co workers say Express does it just to have volume to look good for investors. But if you hauling all that extra stuff and not making money doing it, you're wasting time/money/equipment etc. I talked to a UPS driver at one of our big pickups and he said he used to haul the freight that I was getting and he said we are doing it for such a low price (to take the account away from UPS) that Express isn't making any money with that account.
Exactly. All they’ve done is allow amazon to flood the air system yet they haven’t changed what they are charging them. Essentially giving away a premium service. Which is why fedex dropped amazon