UPS stock up big

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Co workers say Express does it just to have volume to look good for investors....
I talked to a UPS driver at one of our big pickups and he said he used to haul the freight that I was getting and he said we are doing it for such a low price (to take the account away from UPS) that Express isn't making any money with that account.

LOL

bacha29

UPS had record quarter for profits and revenue thanks to 30% YoY increase in airfreight. Was up 8% yesterday and another 3% today . Looks like that Amazon account was more profitable than Fedex thought. Better tighten down the screws on everybody else.
This AM Stifel downgraded UPS from buy to hold stating that it's going to be tough to make much in the way of earnings growth in the coming months which is not surprising given that Q2 GDP growth was a nothing to write home about 2.1% annualized.

zeev

UPS downgraded on great results but Fedex pushed on lousy results. I think Fred’s partners in the media are trying to push the stock higher so the big guys can bail, watch the 200 level as the point where the bottom falls out again.

Artee

I think Fred’s partners in the media are trying to push the stock higher so the big guys can bail.

There is no doubt about this. Fred has promised them a nice prize from The OC Tanner store equivalent to a 10 year safe driving award. Once his partners heard that, it was game on. They couldn't wait to get a roaster pan or a sound bar. Its something they should be very happy and proud to receive.