UPS Stock

brown metal coffin

Missed the analyst's estimates by 3 cents. We're screwed! :sad:

I read this last night and did some research to see what they were saying and couldn't find anything. Was hoping you were wrong and then this morning *Boom*

Just can't win on wall st. Add the manpower and facilities or don't add it and it's a loose loose.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I read this last night and did some research to see what they were saying and couldn't find anything. Was hoping you were wrong and then this morning *Boom*

Just can't win on wall st. Add the manpower and facilities or don't add it and it's a loose loose.
I think that quote by me was from 2006.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Here's the problem. When you're a 5 year old company and spending money You're investing in the future. When you're 100+ you cant control costs.

O/C

I would be sweating out another restructuring master plan like the last one. I hate to see it but expect long term employees to thrown under the bus, it you get my drift.

Sent using BrownCafe App

brown metal coffin

I think they are spending some money for the future because the way that business is done is constantly evolving. But honestly I can't remember the last time that Wall Street has been satisfied in the fourth quarter and the irony is that the stock goes down when we beat or come in under.

With fedex that's a whole other animal. They apparently can do no wrong; and the list is long of their transgressions but they are just the darling of Dow transports whether they don't meet, lower expectations or whatever.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think they are spending some money for the future because the way that business is done is constantly evolving. But honestly I can't remember the last time that Wall Street has been satisfied in the fourth quarter and the irony is that the stock goes down when we beat or come in under.

With fedex that's a whole other animal. They apparently can do no wrong; and the list is long of their transgressions but they are just the darling of Dow transports whether they don't meet, lower expectations or whatever.

Fourth quarter is usually when UPS has its charges so the experts should expect that every year. The UPS spokesman sounding clueless about what happened doesn't help much either.