ups stock

moreluck

golden ticket member
what do you mean leverage
You can use the stock you have (without selling it) to make money. (Hypo)
I'm not a financial advisor, but not using your stock to make money is like storing your cash under your mattress.
I'm going to owe a quarter of a million in taxes this year......That's because of options and money made from them and it cost nothing to get them. Risk is involved, but due diligence becomes your hobby.
Be sure and ask a financial guy about options and how to leverage or hypo your stock. We're more aggressive and slowing down as we get older.
Hypo-ing stock got us downpayments for 13 rentals.....back when people put 20% down. They paid for themselves and doubled in value when it came time to sell them.
Doing options, somedays we can make $90,000 or $150,000 and it's usually involving Priceline and Amazon but it's UPS stock that enables us to do this.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You can use the stock you have (without selling it) to make money. (Hypo)
I'm not a financial advisor, but not using your stock to make money is like storing your cash under your mattress.
I'm going to owe a quarter of a million in taxes this year......That's because of options and money made from them and it cost nothing to get them. Risk is involved, but due diligence becomes your hobby.
Be sure and ask a financial guy about options and how to leverage or hypo your stock. We're more aggressive and slowing down as we get older.
Hypo-ing stock got us downpayments for 13 rentals.....back when people put 20% down. They paid for themselves and doubled in value when it came time to sell them.
Doing options, somedays we can make $90,000 or $150,000 and it's usually involving Priceline and Amazon but it's UPS stock that enables us to do this.
you reinvest your divended, and if i sale it, i will owe taxes on it, but thats not for another 30 years

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
What's your point?

My point is that P/E is subjective and the fact that you think a stock like UPS is "ridiculously overpriced" because it's at or near an all time high is silly. The shipping world is changing and I guarantee you revenue will be up this year and the tax break will probably have them repurchasing stock. This is not a glamorous stock but it is consistent.

We're you the member who was bragging about shorting UPS a few months ago?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
My point is that P/E is subjective and the fact that you think a stock like UPS is "ridiculously overpriced" because it's at or near an all time high is silly. The shipping world is changing and I guarantee you revenue will be up this year and the tax break will probably have them repurchasing stock. This is not a glamorous stock but it is consistent.

the tax cut alone is going to make ups stock go up and other stock

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I said I would of shorted it and it did dive before it made this climb back up.

It's ridiculously overpriced because it's selling much higher than it normally does. Historically it sells at a P/E ratio of around 20. Now it's at 32. It's younger faster growing competition is only selling at 25 times earnings.

It is a consistent stock. I mean you're never gonna lose your ass on ups stock but it's not a big growth stock. It's just not. Revenue can be up all it wants. We aren't going to see 20-30% increases in earnings. It just isn't going to happen.

I'm not saying sell now because ups is bad stock. I'm saying if you've been looking for a point to sell. Sell now. We may not see another opportunity to sell at these levels for years.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wonder what JR would do?

proxy-5.gif

Turdferguson

Just a turd
It was a good call. I made a lot of money and sold very close to what was an all time high at the time. On a stock that was already overpriced.

The fact that I didn't hold on for the stock to become even more overpriced doesn't make it a bad call. Trying to hold on to til that perfect top to sell is what gets people in trouble.

Plenty of people on here are holding on probably with hopes that they'll sell at $140 or $150. Sure there is a chance it could happen but more likely others realize how overpriced the stock is and guys are left holding it for 5 more years for it to get back into the $130's

The Germans don't agree with you either
Deutsche Bank resets expectations on UPS after tax reform - United Parcel Service, Inc. (NYSE:UPS) | Seeking Alpha

rod

Retired 22 years
At one time I owned 2,000 shares. I sold it when it hit $80. I now wish I would have kept maybe 500 shares but that's water over the dam. I think I paid $27 for it so I didn't do too bad. Its only money