Ups stock

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I just finished an article on the internet that was called ---If you invested $1,000 in _______ 10 years ago it would be worth what today? Here's some examples:

UPS $2,800
Google $4,800
Tesla $11,500
Lululemon (Canadian athletic store) $20,300

Just shows you there are probably better ways to invest your money than UPS or at least don't put it all into UPS stock.
$1000 into bitcoin in 2010 and you’d have over 100 million.

ManInBrown

$1000 into bitcoin in 2010 and you’d have over 100 million.
Thats fantasyland. In 2010 you couldnt buy bitcoin. It was impossible. There was one place selling it and the site was so sketchy it was next to impossible to purchase it. The first time I remember really being able to purchase bitcoin it was around $5.00 for 1.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thats fantasyland. In 2010 you couldnt buy bitcoin. It was impossible. There was one place selling it and the site was so sketchy it was next to impossible to purchase it. The first time I remember really being able to purchase bitcoin it was around $5.00 for 1.
in 2010 $1000 on mining equipment would have been the way to go

P

pickup

Probably not-----I just pointed it out as it was part of our training.

if held less than a year, any gains taxed as income . If more than a year, than it is a capital gains tax applied to the appreciation(if any) . Also if you spend it to buy something, then you have to pay tax on any appreciation of the bitcoin(s) cashed out when you used it for said purchase. I wonder if that is First in , First out.

P

pickup

Bitcoin transactions are the hot topic for this tax season.

Bitcoin has more than doubled in value since March.(less than 5 thousand in March and now at time of this writing, $9,999) . That has something to do with a government printing press on steroids and the halving event coming up in a few days, where the bitcoin supply rate is cut in half. This happens every 4 years or so.

Stock to Flow model is being touted by many to make an argument that BitCoin is going to go up at a pretty good rate.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

if held less than a year, any gains taxed as income . If more than a year, than it is a capital gains tax applied to the appreciation(if any) . Also if you spend it to buy something, then you have to pay tax on any appreciation of the bitcoin(s) cashed out when you used it for said purchase. I wonder if that is First in , First out.

So they are treated basically the same as a sale of stock.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Bitcoin has more than doubled in value since March.(less than 5 thousand in March and now at time of this writing, $9,999) . That has something to do with a government printing press on steroids and the halving event coming up in a few days, where the bitcoin supply rate is cut in half. This happens every 4 years or so.

Stock to Flow model is being touted by many to make an argument that BitCoin is going to go up at a pretty good rate.

I like it