Stocks/ computershare

FatHead

Hey folks, a little over a month ago I started up a stock account on computershare and elected $50 per paycheck and did the whole dividend reinvestment thing as well. I am seeing a $50 deduction from something called DESPP or something like that, that I assume is what I elected for my stock pull. Only thing is, is that I'm not seeing any money being added to my account nor any shares in my portfolio.

Hey folks, a little over a month ago I started up a stock account on computershare and elected $50 per paycheck and did the whole dividend reinvestment thing as well. I am seeing a $50 deduction from something called DESPP or something like that, that I assume is what I elected for my stock pull. Only thing is, is that I'm not seeing any money being added to my account nor any shares in my portfolio.
It's added in every quarter

Red Headed Stranger

FatHead

Hm, thanks y'all, I just found it odd that my checks are the only thing keeping tabs on it. I thought that the money I'm putting into it would at least show on computershare. Either way, got it, quarterly, thanks.

ManInBrown

The money you have taken out of your check is used to buy stock on 3-31,6-31,9-31, and 12-31. It won’t show up on Computershare until a few days after each buy date. For what it’s worth I stopped buying the stock last year. It’s not a moneymaker stock unless you were buying it 25 years ago. And they make you jump thru hoops to pull it out if you don’t have 100 shares available to sell. And the 5% discount is a joke. 10%-15% would be worth it.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I started buying stock the minute it became public( before it was publicly traded only management could get it). I raised my withholding amount with every years raise and now that I’m retired I get a nice dividend payment each quarter. It’s one of my streams of income , and one that increases every year.

ManInBrown

I started buying stock the minute it became public( before it was publicly traded only management could get it). I raised my withholding amount with every years raise and now that I’m retired I get a nice dividend payment each quarter. It’s one of my streams of income , and one that increases every year.
Totally worth it if you were in at the beginning. If asked I wouldn’t advise anyone to begin buying the stock today. I think that money is better served going into a 401k. Buddy who was buying the stock in the early 2000s said you used to get the cheapest price for that quarter. Now whatever the price is on the buy date that’s what you pay.

anonymous23456

The money you have taken out of your check is used to buy stock on 3-31,6-31,9-31, and 12-31. It won’t show up on Computershare until a few days after each buy date. For what it’s worth I stopped buying the stock last year. It’s not a moneymaker stock unless you were buying it 25 years ago. And they make you jump thru hoops to pull it out if you don’t have 100 shares available to sell. And the 5% discount is a joke. 10%-15% would be worth it.
There is a change now that you can sell for less than 100 shares. Check your UPS email.

"You can now buy or sell any number of shares of Class A stock - no more minimums -through the Direct Stock Transaction Program on Computershare."

ManInBrown

There is a change now that you can sell for less than 100 shares. Check your UPS email.

"You can now buy or sell any number of shares of Class A stock - no more minimums -through the Direct Stock Transaction Program on Computershare."
We’ve always been able to sell less than 100 but they make you jump thru hoops to do it. Forms filled out and notarized, then it’s all dependent on when they receive the forms and transfer the shares to make them be sellable. Over 100 you press a button and it’s done Instantly. I don’t have a UPS email. I’m an hourly.

anonymous23456

We’ve always been able to sell less than 100 but they make you jump thru hoops to do it. Forms filled out and notarized, then it’s all dependent on when they receive the forms and transfer the shares to make them be sellable. Over 100 you press a button and it’s done Instantly. I don’t have a UPS email. I’m an hourly.
It changed, buddy. Take my words for it. Try to buy some shares and see. If I am right, buy me some sushi rolls in San Diego.

BlackCat

I just went and checked.. he is correct. you can now seemingly sell stocks under 100 with a click of a button.. good deal.

DOK

That’s what I’m looking at it as, monthly income on the dividends when I retire. Trying to accumulate as much as possible.

BrownSnowFlake

Totally worth it if you were in at the beginning. If asked I wouldn’t advise anyone to begin buying the stock today. I think that money is better served going into a 401k. Buddy who was buying the stock in the early 2000s said you used to get the cheapest price for that quarter. Now whatever the price is on the buy date that’s what you pay.
I’m not putting all my eggs into the basket of a 401(k) with some basic bitch mutual funds. $25 a week for UPS stock is nothing, I lose more than that running for the bus. After a few years the dividends start to become significant.

Now my grandpa, he could really pick stocks. Idk how he did it, maybe a little bit of insider trading.

PPH_over_9000

I’m not putting all my eggs into the basket of a 401(k) with some basic bitch mutual funds. $25 a week for UPS stock is nothing, I lose more than that running for the bus. After a few years the dividends start to become significant.

Now my grandpa, he could really pick stocks. Idk how he did it, maybe a little bit of insider trading.

for what it's worth, I've been putting in $15/wk and rolling the dividends over to buy more stock for abouuuuut 9 years now? give or take 6 months, I guess....

Anyways, I'm sitting on something like $8300 worth of shares the last time I checked. Seemed low to me for close to a decade of pumping into the program, to the point where I honestly think about stopping the purchase plan but-- like you said about $25-- $15/week is trivial to me and computershare is a pain in the ass to log in to when I forget which letters I capitalized when I answered my security questions.

BlackCat

So I wanted to test out this “new” system and sold 10 shares.

Sold them wednesday morning at market value and had the money deposited into my account today (friday)

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We used to get a discount on the cheapest price in the quarter .
The quarterly dividend is what I like the best about the stock.