UPS Sued

bbsam

Staff member
UPS(any company for that matter) has every right to have certain rules and protocols in place within their company. To sue to have these rules abolished to satisfy personal needs is a joke. If you cannot meet the company's criteria for employment then perhaps another business would be a better option for you.
This stems from the "entitlement" mentality that is predominant and running rampant in our society today. If people can't have it their way, by damn, they will make sure they get their way.
Are you sure about this? It is the EEOC bringing the suit. How easy or difficult is it to get them to file suit in cases like this?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Are you sure about this? It is the EEOC bringing the suit. How easy or difficult is it to get them to file suit in cases like this?
EEOC is not a big concern ... if the OFCCP gets involved, UPS will snap to.

Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)

Last edited:

jbg77

I think at one time, one of the rules was Colored don't need apply.
The yankees dont allow facial hair neither does the reds. If a company sets an appearance standard it is their choice to do so. If you dont want to shave, hide tattoos, etc you shouldnt work there. There are many other jobs that can be applied for.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think at one time, one of the rules was Colored don't need apply.
The yankees dont allow facial hair neither does the reds. If a company sets an appearance standard it is their choice to do so. If you dont want to shave, hide tattoos, etc you shouldnt work there. There are many other jobs that can be applied for.
And then came along Jackie Robinson.
Jackie Robinson.jpg

Rainman

Its all good.
Maybe muslims and their lawyers will actually do something productive for once and I will be able to sport that goatee I had to shave off when I became a driver.
I could grow my hair down past my shoulders and my beard 3 inches long like I used to have, only I have that big bald forehead I didn't have back then. I guess I'll scratch that idea.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
The Reds changed that policy because it was stupid and hurt recruiting. The Yankees compensate for the stupid policy with high salaries.