UPS supervisor might be making me do position I don’t feel comfortable with.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Here's a typical FMC loader.. Simple to drive.

1647901236097.png

TheWeasel

Here's a typical FMC loader.. Simple to drive.

View attachment 377357
Eww, get that Commander out of my sight. Trepel or nothing.

To OP, you are on ramp. You're gonna have to learn how to drive everything eventually. The fact that noone on your crew wants to drive the loader sounds fantastic to me. You get to play one lane Tetris the entire night and never have to do any physical labor greater than the muscle movement required to move a joystick. I'd kill to have a crew that isn't fighting over the chance to run loader every assignment.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The K loader alone. Is a very expensive piece of equipment, that can do some damage ,, , refuse to drive until you're properly trained and Pito certified

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Last job at UPS my manager wanted me to drive the Zamboni. Had no problem with driving it but was a bitch to clean it out when done with the floors.
When I was getting trained by a fellow porter I left the parking brake on and :censored2:ed up one of the wheels. Didn't get a chance to drive it much after that.:rolleyes:

RMR46

My supervisor at airport says I have to drive a k loader not sure if he’s joking or not. He asked a few of us and we all said not interested including me. The other day he told me I’m driving a k loader if I like it or not basically. It comes with no extra pay but a bunch of more bs. I work as a unloader and would honestly prefer to stay unloading but some of us are being moved because we are getting new people. Can ups do this or is it something to bring up. I don’t feel comfortable doing it.
You feel uncomfortable in the position then just don't bend over

hexmurph

You want to work the ramp, eventually your gonna have operate a k loader. Here they send refusals into the hub to work the belts.

I'd much rather drive a k loader than be stuck loading L9's all night

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I know how to operate heavy machinery...

And most importantly...

I know how to respectfully tell that jackwad supe to kiss my ass instead of crying to the interwebs.

But..

If all else fails...

Crash the plane!
X military policeman here, PTSD allegedly, please. Don’t crash planes.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
The K loader alone. Is a very expensive piece of equipment, that can do some damage ,, , refuse to drive until you're properly trained and Pito certified
For what it’s worth, you’re supposed to be able to drive this after six weeks of training…
2AA3D949-3054-457F-8169-51A9652A71D0.jpeg

Attachments

• 148A4C04-C56E-482E-A3FF-669703313C68.jpeg
    148A4C04-C56E-482E-A3FF-669703313C68.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 48

RMR46

My supervisor at airport says I have to drive a k loader not sure if he’s joking or not. He asked a few of us and we all said not interested including me. The other day he told me I’m driving a k loader if I like it or not basically. It comes with no extra pay but a bunch of more bs. I work as a unloader and would honestly prefer to stay unloading but some of us are being moved because we are getting new people. Can ups do this or is it something to bring up. I don’t feel comfortable doing it.
Tell him you won't bend over on the first date.

Steamer

If you bend over and grab your ankles it makes it easier for management to put you in the position that they like the most.