UPS/Teamster 401k...Prudential to a Dreyfus self managed account...+22.86% for 2012

brownboyups

Re: UPS/Teamster 401k...Prudential to a Dreyfus self managed account...+22.86% for 20

RNO is time around is a TRADE and not an investment
but if anyone has to hold they will not get hurt owning coal

RNO $13.92 Monday...(up +.09 cents in after market trading)
announced the cash distribution today....(+.445 cents) same as last time

RNO is in play...this will be over in 5 working days
hopefully we can all make some decent cash and %

3707 shares in 401k account ($13.82) average cost (bought multiple times)
600 shares in Scottrade account ($13.58) cost (bought once)

Rhino Resource Partners LP Announces First Quarter Distribution And Earnings Release Date - Yahoo! Finance
LEXINGTON, Ky., April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Rhino Resource Partners LP (RNO) ("Rhino" or the "Partnership") today announced a cash distribution of $0.445 per common unit, or $1.78 per unit on an annualized basis. This distribution will be paid on May 15, 2013 to all common unitholders of record as of the close of business on May 2, 2013 and no distribution will be paid on the subordinated units.

ex date not announced but i'm quessing 4-30-13
my advice is for everyone to sell before the ex date and take the capital gains tax

hoping RNO gets up to $14.75...will be watching carefully

don't get greedy...sell anytime before 4-30-13 when your above your cash
distribution
and have made more than cash distribution

$13.92 dollar stock giving a +.445 cash distribution should be bought and go up
but you never know

after RNO is sold
will try to buy RNO in the high 12 dollar range or low 13 dollars for next payout

good luck to all...will update tuesday

Last edited:

brownboyups

Re: UPS/Teamster 401k...Prudential to a Dreyfus self managed account...+22.86% for 20

RNO...$14.33 (+.41) high $14.45...low $13.95

Scottrade +$432.20
401k +$1,816.95
+$2,249.15...dividend for both accounts ($1916.61)

hard to read stock with market going up +152.29 points
did notice selling going on as stock wanting to climb higher
will be getting out while i'm ahead unless stock collapses

i check my stocks/watch list every 5 minutes that the market is open
may sell wednesday if RNO rises enough (i'm above the dividend)

bulls make money...bears make money...pigs get slaughtered (not my quote)...don't be greedy

i want to make more money next time...just got to buy RNO under $13.50

good luck to all...will update wednesday

(+$2,249.15) for 7 weeks isn't bad but it all changes again at 9:30am

thoughts are welcome

RNO...$14.33 (+.41) high $14.45...low $13.95

Scottrade +$432.20
401k +$1,816.95
+$2,249.15...dividend for both accounts ($1916.61)

hard to read stock with market going up +152.29 points
did notice selling going on as stock wanting to climb higher
will be getting out while i'm ahead unless stock collapses

i check my stocks/watch list every 5 minutes that the market is open
may sell wednesday if RNO rises enough (i'm above the dividend)

bulls make money...bears make money...pigs get slaughtered (not my quote)...don't be greedy

i want to make more money next time...just got to buy RNO under $13.50

good luck to all...will update wednesday

(+$2,249.15) for 7 weeks isn't bad but it all changes again at 9:30am

thoughts are welcome

Is it time to sell my Netflix...or should I just keep Oinking?

brownboyups

Is it time to sell my Netflix...or should I just keep Oinking?

i don't invest or trade in Tech so my opinion is biased
i personally do not like Tech because things change so fast
Netflix was riding high then crashed now riding high again
Apple greatest company on earth at $700 and at $385 people calling it Nokia????

if you do all the due diligence and your winning big take some off the table (my best advice)

good luck to you
America loves watching movies and since Blockbuster is a bust who else is there but Netflix

brownboyups

Sold RNO 4-24-13
haven't added the totals but did well...will post tomorrow
this was a trade and not an investment

now that i have $53,000 free in 401k looking at trading NYCB
just announced at .25 cent dividend for 9 years in a row
the street thought the dividend was going to be lowered and wasn't
i like reading strong and solid

already own 1000 shares @$12.65
probably going to buy 4000 shares 4-25-13

plan to exit before the EX date but have no problem owning this bank long term
and picking up a $1,250 quarter dividend...$5,000 per year

earnings transcript...out a seekingalphfa.com

New York Community Bancorp, Inc. Reports 1st Quarter 2013 Diluted Non-GAAP Cash EPS of $0.29 (1) and Diluted GAAP EPS of $0.2713 hours 1 minutes ago - BusinessWire
--1Q 2013 Highlights
--Solid Returns: - The Company generated 1Q 2013 GAAP earnings of $118.7 million, providing a 1.19% return on average tangible assets and a 15.34% return on average tangible stockholders' equity.(2)
--Stable Margin: - Excluding the contribution of prepayment penalty income, the Company's margin rose two basis points linked-quarter as the average balance of interest-earning assets grew and the average cost of funds declined. (3)
--Strong Loan Growth: - Loans held for investment grew at an annualized rate of 12.2% in 1Q 2013, to $28.1 billion at March 31st.- Multi-family loans grew at an annualized rate of 13.4% linked-quarter, to $19.2 billion at March 31st.
--Solid Loan Production: - Loan originations totaled $4.6 billion in 1Q 2013, including held-for-investment loans of $2.2 billion and one-to-four family loans held for sale of $2.4 billion.
--Solid Asset Quality: - Non-performing non-covered assets declined $103.1 million year-over-year, and $26.7 million linked-quarter, to $263.9 million, representing 0.59% of total assets at 3/31/2013.- Net charge-offs totaled $5.6 million in 1Q 2013 and represented 0.02% (non-annualized) of average loans.
--Mortgage Banking Income: - Mortgage banking income accounted for $26.1 million, or 7.4%, of total revenues in 1Q 2013. (4)
--Continued Efficiency: - The efficiency ratio was 43.25% in 1Q 2013.
--Continued Capital Strength: - Excluding accumulated other comprehensive loss, net of tax ("AOCL"), tangible stockholders' equity represented 7.75% of tangible assets.(2)
New York Community Bancorp, Inc. (NYSE: NYCB) (the "Company") today reported GAAP earnings of $118.7 million, or $0.27 per diluted share, and cash earnings of $128.6 million, or $0.29 per diluted share, for the three months ended March 31, 2013.(1)

this thread is about making money
not being greedy...the next undervalued stock to undervalued trade is around the corner

​lets make lots of money

Last edited:

brownboyups

I decided to take your advice on RNO, I had a buy order in for 1K at 13.5 and it popped the other day and is up 370 total (.37 per share) after 1 day. I think I'll also take your advice on the sell. I have a sell order in to let it go at 14.5. I know you indicated it will go up more, but a 1K return (if I get it) will not be bad on a 13.5K investment (for a few weeks). We'll see what happens. If it doesn't go up, then I'll take the divi that will come out soon.

RNO high $14.50...4-24-13...+$1,000 for a few weeks
you took a chance and it paid off nicely (very happy for you)
cheers

brownboyups

Benben

u got in at $13.78 but see a profit after $13.92 if i remember correctly
time is running out

my advice...RNO may go up some more but we know it's going back down for sure
time to exit

thanks for the kind comments is a previous post

brownboyups

4-24-13 401k YTD (2013)

+$18,984.01...+15.73%

S&P 500 (2013) YTD...+10.70%

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

I have a sell order set at 14.75. I check the stock about 4x's during the day. The distribution goes to owners of record on the 2nd. This means it trades ex-dividend on the 29th. I plan on pulling the triger on Friday at any point above 14.60 if the price has not reached 14.75 before then.

If I don't sell the shares I will collect the the distribution and watch the price between the 29th and the 2nd. If at any point it reaches 14.20 I will sell at an effective exit price of 14.62 and change. If not, I am buying 10 more shares and selling a covered call option with a date before the next distribution anouncement but I want to see the Q1 earnings report before I determine the price.

So many learning opertunities in the next 3 weeks!! I am still watching AI, DHF and NYMT.

Last edited:

beentheredonethat

RNO high $14.50...4-24-13...+$1,000 for a few weeks
you took a chance and it paid off nicely (very happy for you)
cheers

Thanks for the tip... I actually put in a slightly higher trade order and I modified it today so I sold at 14.55. So after commision I netted a bit over 1K. Definitely not bad for 10 days. Kind of wish I had bought 2 or 3 times as much.

beentheredonethat

I didn't think there was a difference is tax rate for regular pay vs. overtime percentage wise and did not know there was an 8 OT hour "threshold".?.?

Bonus is slightly different. I have to keep reminding my fellow drivers who grumble about this. Any bonus paid is taxed at 35% at the time of pay. When you do your taxes you get back the difference between the 35% and what your individual rate is (17% in my case.) I get bonus at least once a week claim 1+ my actual deductions and still get a nice check back from the Fed every year.

The way the taxes work (I used to do payroll), is that each week's payroll is looked at on it's own and it assumes that whatever you earn that week you will earn the same each week for the entire year. So if you have one week witha lot of OT, (let's just say for easy math, you make 2K dollars), well the federal govt will then assume you will make 104K for the year and based on your withholding, it will determine the amount of federal tax to remove.

If on the next week, you earn 1K dollars, then the govt assumes you make 52K per year and it will determine the appropriate tax rate and tax you on that. That's why percentage of tax can vary week to week. (Usually if it's very large swings in salary).

However, ironically the FICA\Medicare tax is not done this way.

I'll do Medicare since it's an easier example)
For Medicare tax (1.45%) if you earn $10 on week one, you will owe 1.45% * $10 you will owe $.145 which will round up to $.15 The next week if you earn another $10, then the govt looks at total earnings ($20) then it will determine total owed ($20*1.45%) = $.29 cents, it then looks to see how much has already been deducted ($.15) then determines you owe $.14.

SS works the same way but with a 6.2% rate.

Note: everything you see taken out for SS and payroll taxes is just half. The employer also pays this same amount. (One exclusion to this, is during the past two years the tax relief lowering SS by 2% did not get reduced for employer portion.

brownboyups

UPS giving us $4 per hour raise over 5 years = +$8,320 base pay increase at the end of contract
i love it...if u think this is unfair ask all your customers if this raise increase is too low or unfair
remember most of working America works for $10 per hour...my opinion
i am grateful

the everyday stuff i deal with gets to me time to time but the overall picture is always sunglass bright
24 years with UPS

brownboyups

bought 3965 shares of NYCB to add to 1035 shares for an average price of $13.31
$1,250 quarter dividend = $5,000 per year

Fridays close $13.36

this price won't hurt anyone...slow growth so the stock doesn't move up quickly but it does go up over time (in the $14's)
as interest rates rise banks will make more money (all banks)

-----------------------------------------------------

Scottrade account

undervalued stock (my opinion)
next Trade...if i get stuck and have to hold will make $448 dividend (or similar to last dividend)
most likely buying 659 shares of ECT $13.35 Monday
announces dividend within next 2 weeks
last dividend .68 cents
http://www.dailyfinance.com/quote/NYSE/eca-marcellus-trust/ECT/dividends?source=itxwebtxt0000010

i'm thinking it moves more than RNO
making money is about taking some chances as we all know

--------------------------------------------
stocks to watch

WMC...$22.00...stock is going higher (under $22.00 is a good deal)
BTU...watch everyday...keeps going to high 18's then to 19's

401k (YTD)...+$17,299.40...+14.34%
(YTD) S&P 500...10.94%

good luck to all who invest

Last edited:

brownboyups

I have a sell order set at 14.75. I check the stock about 4x's during the day. The distribution goes to owners of record on the 2nd. This means it trades ex-dividend on the 29th. I plan on pulling the triger on Friday at any point above 14.60 if the price has not reached 14.75 before then.

If I don't sell the shares I will collect the the distribution and watch the price between the 29th and the 2nd. If at any point it reaches 14.20 I will sell at an effective exit price of 14.62 and change. If not, I am buying 10 more shares and selling a covered call option with a date before the next distribution anouncement but I want to see the Q1 earnings report before I determine the price.

So many learning opertunities in the next 3 weeks!! I am still watching AI, DHF and NYMT.

RNO high monday $14.83
what did you do?

brownboyups

bought 650 shares of ECT @$13.45 in Scottrade account Monday

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

RNO high monday $14.83
what did you do?

I got out at $14.77, sold all shares. Still learning and today's lesson was when I checked Merril Edge app the price was at $14.83. I sold right then at market price but the email I got was the sell order was at $14.77. I honestly think if I had put in a sell order tomorrow morning for $14.50 the market will drop the price by 44.5 at opening but the price would climb before dropping. That was what I decided I was going to do over the weekend. We'll see. I plan on innitiating a much bigger possition before next Ex date. Still want to try and sell a covered call just to get the experience.

I need to think more like a trader. Thus far my mindset has been pure divi plays (buy hold and monitor) except for RNO and 1 pink sheet buy thats close to a dollar gain per share with a purchase price of $2.50.

Beentheredonethat thanks for the info it makes sense and I understand it better now.

beentheredonethat

The one issue of RNO that bothers me a bit is the limited number of shares that trade daily. Granted today was about 170K shares, but an avg day is 58.5K shares. If it sold 10 fold this amount, then I could see wanting to buy 10K shares in 2 months from now and sell 3 months from now and go for the dollar or so bump that I experienced.

brownboyups

I got out at $14.77, sold all shares. Still learning and today's lesson was when I checked Merril Edge app the price was at $14.83. I sold right then at market price but the email I got was the sell order was at $14.77. I honestly think if I had put in a sell order tomorrow morning for $14.50 the market will drop the price by 44.5 at opening but the price would climb before dropping. That was what I decided I was going to do over the weekend. We'll see. I plan on innitiating a much bigger possition before next Ex date. Still want to try and sell a covered call just to get the experience.

I need to think more like a trader. Thus far my mindset has been pure divi plays (buy hold and monitor) except for RNO and 1 pink sheet buy thats close to a dollar gain per share with a purchase price of $2.50.

Beentheredonethat thanks for the info it makes sense and I understand it better now.

you did very well (trust me)
RNO becomes a stock u trust and when u make more off it u trust it more
watch everyday... any price under $13.50 is good...under $13.25 is super...under $13.00 is awesome
(got like me 3 months to watch) this his how we make money
may not want to buy all at once unless price is rock bottom

this doesn't work for all stocks...works for the ones u watch everyday for years and make money and trust

your starting to trust RNO (now we need to see it start going down hill)

there's winners and losers that bought RNO and U are a winner
remember the market will always try to take your money so u have to be smarter/sharper

brownboyups

NYMT...closed $7.12...(-.26) -3.55%

reason why the stock went down

New York Mortgage Trust Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock - Yahoo! Finance
i have found when a mortgage reit offers more stock it sells off but usually comes back in price
buying opportunity

i own 938 shares of NYMT @$6.39 =$253.26 per quarter = $1,013.04 per yr
$5,993.82 investment...+$506.52 in dividends YTD

$7.12 means NYMT is on sale...+$.27 cent dividend

BUY/BUY/BUY...my best advice

business didn't change just the amount of shares out there increased

around June 15th will announce next dividend...do you think the price will be $7.12
lets make lots of money

http://www.dailyfinance.com/quote/N...st-inc/NYMT/dividends?source=itxwebtxt0000010
low interest rates for a long time...that's how these companies make max profits
won't be around for ever

Last edited: