Ups tender position

j1one

hi guys i been working for UPS for about 4 weeks. At the moment im a loader 2-3 trucks. Yesterday one of the supervisor came up to me and told me how great i been doing and if i would like to train to switch to a tender position. My question is what does a tender do?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
hi guys i been working for UPS for about 4 weeks. At the moment im a loader 2-3 trucks. Yesterday one of the supervisor came up to me and told me how great i been doing and if i would like to train to switch to a tender position. My question is what does a tender do?
9 times out of 10 if a supervisor says your doing a great job and wants to move you it’s a bad idea , stay loading trucks..

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Swipe right

reginald95

Tell him you want to "grinder" out being a preloader before you do anything different. He'll know what you mean.

upschuck

I've heard it is a pretty easy job, watching packages go by making sure they are in the right positioning on the belts. No first hand knowledge, though.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I had to do it on preload a few years back when feeder work was slow. It's ok, but would drive me crazy doing it everyday.

Just look for the scanners flashing red and lighting up the building. The tender basically babysits those scanners and also has to pull off damaged packages and anything that isn't supposed to go through the scanner but somehow made it to you (irregs, flats and smalls)., Also, when a box breaks open and you have to climb on the rollers to get pieces off while listening on the radio to managers freaking out because a belt was off 15 seconds.

As a low seniority employee I think you would get more hours loading. When doors start going down at the end of a sort they start taking the scanners offline and sending the people home.

j1one

I had to do it on preload a few years back when feeder work was slow. It's ok, but would drive me crazy doing it everyday.

Just look for the scanners flashing red and lighting up the building. The tender basically babysits those scanners and also has to pull off damaged packages and anything that isn't supposed to go through the scanner but somehow made it to you (irregs, flats and smalls)., Also, when a box breaks open and you have to climb on the rollers to get pieces off while listening on the radio to managers freaking out because a belt was off 15 seconds.

As a low seniority employee I think you would get more hours loading. When doors start going down at the end of a sort they start taking the scanners offline and sending the people home.

ok i think i know what position it is. i remember in the tour they took us to the tender position. only reason why i was thinking about accepting it is cuz he said i was getting a raise.

542thruNthru

ok i think i know what position it is. i remember in the tour they took us to the tender position. only reason why i was thinking about accepting it is cuz he said i was getting a raise.

There is no more skilled positions. So he is wrong. You won't get a raise for taking it.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Anytime a sup tells you to not preload it is because you are either bad at preloading or problematic in another form (greviances, actually taking your time and following the methods or show up on time despite everybody showing early, etc.)

j1one

Anytime a sup tells you to not preload it is because you are either bad at preloading or problematic in another form (greviances, actually taking your time and following the methods or show up on time despite everybody showing early, etc.)

i doubt it all the PT sup like how i work, which i found out the hard way kind off sucks. they put me in other trucks to help out other workers while my 2 trucks are left alone. also i always show up 10 min early from the start time

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
i doubt it all the PT sup like how i work, which i found out the hard way kind off sucks. they put me in other trucks to help out other workers while my 2 trucks are left alone. also i always show up 10 min early from the start time
Dont work off the clock, seriously