UPS The Awful Truth

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Who allowed the impromptu interview with cameras? That's just plain stupidity.
Norman has anger issues. Evidently not fit for the marble palace scene of martini lunch with crumpets.
I personally like the black secretary..." Who are you with again ??" And people said there was no blacks working at the corporate office....we all saw one.. Lol. Then there's that guy with the gay looking vest..who's that, lost prevention manager .... Lmao

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Who allowed the impromptu interview with cameras? That's just plain stupidity.
Norman has anger issues. Evidently not fit for the marble palace scene of martini lunch with crumpets.
The lobby actually looked a little old fashioned.... So monkey, are there other businesses in the bldg or just ups???

Catatonic

Nine Lives
he doesn't even work here anymore... He's a VP at another company probably making double what he was making at this joint...laughing all the way to the bank..
Norman was a Division Manager level in Corporate - less power at Corporate than a Center Manger in the district.
He retired from UPS and became a VP at The Hatcher Group, a journalistic consulting company.
Good for him ... he went from a small fish in a big pond to a big fish in a small pond.
he doesn't even work here anymore... He's a VP at another company probably making double what he was making at this joint...laughing all the way to the bank..
I hope he gets compensated very well there.

Some additional info

Ken Sternad, the main UPS person in the interview, is a smart and savvy person.
He went on to become the VP of The UPS Foundation.
I was impressed with him ... more so than anyone else I met in UPS Communications.

Norman was creative and a good administrator.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
More irritated I imagine!
Enough dealing with your job without some goon comedian showing up unannounced.
Laugh it up buddy... Something had to be scammed to pay for your bloated retirement ....you should be thanking us for taking one for the "team"...and how do you repay us, by torturing us everyday on here...and by driving around a pos kia...I mean come on where's the famous ups manager bmw status symbol????
UHwow ... got under your skin a little on that one! LOL

I thought 1997 was such a big victory for the Carey zombies.

Inthegame

Oh, so 4000 jobs were created?
For '98 and '99, yes. That had to pizz off a few of your buddies, paying back pay and benny's to 4000 employees for work they didn't do.
Anyway, read the post again (a little slower), maybe you'll catch the decision date of early Feb 2000. Kinda tough to order a correcting remedy before the fact.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
For '98 and '99, yes. That had to pizz off a few of your buddies, paying back pay and benny's to 4000 employees for work they didn't do.
Anyway, read the post again (a little slower), maybe you'll catch the decision date of early Feb 2000. Kinda tough to order a correcting remedy before the fact.
LOL
OK
Get inthegame Dude ... the 2000 decision was for 1999 ... geez!
Don't try and act smart or savvy ... it just doesn't work for you.

Backpaying never bothered me. Good for them.
Lot's of people getting the equivalent with 9.5 language.
That doesn't bother me either.

That was way too easy.

10 point

Norman was a Division Manager level in Corporate - less power at Corporate than a Center Manger in the district.
He retired from UPS and became a VP at The Hatcher Group, a journalistic consulting company.
Good for him ... he went from a small fish in a big pond to a big fish in a small pond.
I hope he gets compensated very well there.

Ken Sternad, the main UPS person in the interview, is a smart and savvy person.
He went on to become the VP of The UPS Foundation.
I was impressed with him ... more so than anyone else I met in UPS Communications.

Norman was creative and a good administrator.
I was impressed with Ken's depth of character as well. He held up well under impromptu, pointed rebuttal and pressure and from being blindsided. Evidently, the people that granted that "interview" unwittingly dragged in the Trojan horse and weren't quite sure how to save face and get Sal to leave.

Pay grade digression is often entertaining if you like gladiator shows.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I personally like the black secretary..." Who are you with again ??" And people said there was no blacks working at the corporate office....we all saw one.. Lol. Then there's that guy with the gay looking vest..who's that, lost prevention manager .... Lmao
Lots of blacks in Corporate.

The guy was with an outsourced security agency ... like the ones at the guard shack.