UPS to Offer Employees a Way to Save for Emergencies

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS to Offer Employees a Way to Save for Emergencies - Wall Street Journal

Shipping giant joins other companies offering rainy day funds in 401(k) plans

United Parcel Service Inc. is expected to announce Thursday a plan to offer nearly 100,000 of its workers a way to save for emergencies within its 401(k) plan, becoming one of the largest U.S. employers to join a trend that reflects concern over the impact of workers’ financial problems on their ability to retire.

The program gives UPS employees the option to divert a portion of their paychecks into rainy-day funds within their 401(k) plans.

In recent years, a growing number of employers have grown concerned that if employees are unable to cover unexpected expenses, they may resort to raiding their retirement savings early, said Timothy Flacke, executive director of Commonwealth, a nonprofit that builds tools to help low-income workers save.

UPS to Offer Employees a Way to Save for Emergencies - Wall Street Journal

Shipping giant joins other companies offering rainy day funds in 401(k) plans

United Parcel Service Inc. is expected to announce Thursday a plan to offer nearly 100,000 of its workers a way to save for emergencies within its 401(k) plan, becoming one of the largest U.S. employers to join a trend that reflects concern over the impact of workers’ financial problems on their ability to retire.

The program gives UPS employees the option to divert a portion of their paychecks into rainy-day funds within their 401(k) plans.

In recent years, a growing number of employers have grown concerned that if employees are unable to cover unexpected expenses, they may resort to raiding their retirement savings early, said Timothy Flacke, executive director of Commonwealth, a nonprofit that builds tools to help low-income workers save.
About time they do something like that

trickpony1

If the dumb employees aren't doing it now what makes anyone think they will take advantage of this?
Some employees are living "paycheck to paycheck" now.

Hope this helps.

DriverNerd

What I'm trying to say is he hasn't bothered any have a senior drivers because he has his hands more than full with all his stupid crap these newbies are doing

I've had the easiest week I've had all year
I'll take it while I can get it
Same here, except I worked the most hours I've worked daily last week (outside of peak) because each day when I got done I had to go help the new guys finish. Sure, I'd love to grab 30 more stops at 7:30...

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I think my center manager appreciates us older guys a little bit more now after seeing what it has to deal with some of his stupid crap that these newbies do.
In my building we older guys get loaded down because unlike the younger entitled rookies we will actually do the job instead of bringing stops back,bringing the route in,misdelivering all over the route,and calling in the following day to show how mad they are at having to work. As always doing a good job gets you more work

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
In my building we older guys get loaded down because unlike the younger entitled rookies we will actually do the job instead of bringing stops back,bringing the route in,misdelivering all over the route,and calling in the following day to show how mad they are at having to work. As always doing a good job gets you more work
it's nice to be depreciated , aint it?

I laugh all the way to the bank