UPS to pay $25 million for false delivery claims

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
For perspective, This $25M fine is equivalent to paying 300 top rate drivers a whole year (although not counting benefits). Or 6 medium centers worth. Imagine how many part timer hours that is! It really stings when you look at it that way.

Don't you love it? I swear half the NDA residentials I deliver each day are when no one's home and the package likely sits there all day until they get home from work. Talk about a lot of wasted money. That's what NDA savers are for.

It is 0.5% of their net profit.

It is 0.03% of their gross income.

It is basically pocket change. Would have cost more to fight it.

Same with the Rx charge. I believe that was $40M. Cheaper to pay than to fight. FedEx did not pay this one and decided to fight it.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It is 0.5% of their net profit.

It is 0.03% of their gross income.

It is basically pocket change. Would have cost more to fight it.

Same with the Rx charge. I believe that was $40M. Cheaper to pay than to fight. FedEx did not pay this one and decided to fight it.
25 million dollars is not "pocket change". They knew they would lose in court,there lawyers are not stupid.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Not me.
I don't care for the psychotropic effects unless I'm listening to loud music where I can dissolve.
tumblr_nnzt3rsL431qjczh3o1_540.gif

SCV good to go sir.

"When notified of this issue, UPS focused to improve training, systems and technology to better serve our customers."

If only UPS had a lower tier of drivers available to drive for a few hours just to get the air packages off on time in addition to working their scheduled part time shift. Nah, that would never work. We better increase our PCM times so the drivers get out later and have less time to deliver the air.

The sad thing, I don't even get upset about this :censored2: anymore. I just laugh and it's an earnest laugh. :censored2:ing UPS... Giving me the best bar stories but no one to drink with.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
25 million dollars is not "pocket change". They knew they would lose in court,there lawyers are not stupid.

To UPS it is.

They spent $150M on OT working us the day after Thanksgiving.

They spent over $1B on ORION.

How much are they spending each month in OT making us fill out the DOK?

How much in OT are they paying pushing 85-100% ORION compliance.

And the list goes on....pocket change.

"When notified of this issue, UPS focused to improve training, systems and technology to better serve our customers."

If only UPS had a lower tier of drivers available to drive for a few hours just to get the air packages off on time in addition to working their scheduled part time shift. Nah, that would never work. We better increase our PCM times so the drivers get out later and have less time to deliver the air.

The sad thing, I don't even get upset about this :censored2: anymore. I just laugh and it's an earnest laugh. :censored2:ing UPS... Giving me the best bar stories but no one to drink with.
In my building we are using more and more Art 22.3 preload/AM air drivers and preload/air exception drivers then ever before. Sometimes at the expense of new laid off FT package car drivers.

SCV good to go sir.

In my building we are using more and more Art 22.3 preload/AM air drivers and preload/air exception drivers then ever before. Sometimes at the expense of new laid off FT package car drivers.

Guess it varies by hub.

JL 0513

To UPS it is.

They spent $150M on OT working us the day after Thanksgiving.

They spent over $1B on ORION.

How much are they spending each month in OT making us fill out the DOK?

How much in OT are they paying pushing 85-100% ORION compliance.

And the list goes on....pocket change.

And yet we drive package cars from 1988.