UPS Uniforms

Nicole Francek

I start Integrad next week for package driver. HR gave me a pair of pants and an old tuck in short sleeve shirt because that’s all they had. They placed an order for me but I don’t know when I receive it. I was hoping sooner than later because with the weather I would like the shorts. (Hoping they put that in along with my pants order)
I also would like to know what’s a good recommendation for boots and sneakers? I was thinking maybe boots with pants and sneakers with the shorts. Thanks in advance

Nicole Francek

It took me 3 years to get womens clothing. The first year I was tild they dont have thoses they were discontinued. Next year they werent ordering because of cut backs. The year after I was told to order a size and guess because they had no size chart. This year it was they needed exact measurments but she never converted my sizes to womens and just ordered pants. Now i had sent back the womens she finially put an order in for but they were too big. Im still waiting on the pants to come in but now its summer so I would not have high hopes. If your lucky you will get them this year if you have the oppertunity to have hr order thats your best chance. When i went to school some people got together and searched the building for warm uniforms because all i was given was 4 shorts and 4 short sleves. It was cold out so im greatful for the assistance in the loaners i got.

542thruNthru

You should have a section in your contract about grievance procedures. It should lay out the time line. If your BA taking a excessive amount of time for grievances he needs to show you why. If he doesn't I would discuss it with your principal office at your local. If non of them want to handle the situation it sounds like its time for a ULP.

Only reason I can think of for a grievance to take months is because of waiting for panel or arbitration.

tourists24

You should have a section in your contract about grievance procedures. It should lay out the time line. If your BA taking a excessive amount of time for grievances he needs to show you why. If he doesn't I would discuss it with your principal office at your local. If non of them want to handle the situation it sounds like its time for a ULP.

Only reason I can think of for a grievance to take months is because of waiting for panel or arbitration.
Im active in the local and the BA and principal officer simply don’t push the labor manager to hear grievances timely. This becomes the problem

tourists24

Thats usually the problem. Thats when a member usually files on the local to force them to file on the company.
Yep, that does open a new set of problems. The question then becomes “ is the juice worth the squeeze” lol. Are uniforms the point you go after your own local worth it?

542thruNthru

Yep, that does open a new set of problems. The question then becomes “ is the juice worth the squeeze” lol. Are uniforms the point you go after your own local worth it?

Its sounded like you mean your local let's the company drag their feet on every grievance. After awhile when does it become a real issue. Like a terminated member that shouldn't be out more than a couple weeks but the BA allows the labor manager to drag his feet for a month or more.

I just think if a BA doesn't want to hold the company to the grievance procedure he's not going to hold them to anything else.

tourists24

Its sounded like you mean your local let's the company drag their feet on every grievance. After awhile when does it become a real issue. Like a terminated member that shouldn't be out more than a couple weeks but the BA allows the labor management drag his feet for a month or more.

I just think if a BA doesn't want to hold the company to the grievance procedure he's not going to hold them to anything else.
Well, you’re not really off the mark; I was just keeping it in context to this thread.

Tucker88

Banned
I am in Integrad this week. Last week at HR they gave me a pair of pants and a shirt that they had in the office for me to wear this week. They also placed an order for belt, hat,shorts and etc. what I would like to know is when do I get it and how do I get it? I dont want to have to wear these same clothes all week and then probably again next week when I start my job

I am in Integrad this week. Last week at HR they gave me a pair of pants and a shirt that they had in the office for me to wear this week. They also placed an order for belt, hat,shorts and etc. what I would like to know is when do I get it and how do I get it? I dont want to have to wear these same clothes all week and then probably again next week when I start my job
Your uniforms will be at your building waiting for you