UPS Uniforms

Tucker88

Banned
I start Integrad next week for package driver. HR gave me a pair of pants and an old tuck in short sleeve shirt because that’s all they had. They placed an order for me but I don’t know when I receive it. I was hoping sooner than later because with the weather I would like the shorts. (Hoping they put that in along with my pants order)
I also would like to know what’s a good recommendation for boots and sneakers? I was thinking maybe boots with pants and sneakers with the shorts. Thanks in advance

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Go buy a cheap pair of POLISHABLE LEATHER BOOTS. You’ll only need them for school then ditch them. Make sure they’re clean. I had one uniform for training. Long sleeves and pants in the middle of August, I sweat like a pig. They also had uniform checks everyday so I had to spot wash my uniform every night to get rid of dirt and sweat marks then iron it everyday. That’s all you’ll get. New guys don’t get uniforms. When you fill out the form ask for 5 of everything because they’ll only give you 3. Shave everyday and study the 5s and 10s word for word.

TinPusher

Go buy a cheap pair of POLISHABLE LEATHER BOOTS. You’ll only need them for school then ditch them. Make sure they’re clean. I had one uniform for training. Long sleeves and pants in the middle of August, I sweat like a pig. They also had uniform checks everyday so I had to spot wash my uniform every night to get rid of dirt and sweat marks then iron it everyday. That’s all you’ll get. New guys don’t get uniforms. When you fill out the form ask for 5 of everything because they’ll only give you 3. Shave everyday and study the 5s and 10s word for word.
What are the 5s and 10s?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
You could have the pants hemmed but you would need UPS socks.

Learn the 5 and 10 but also practice the driver drill in your own vehicle. Lots of people struggle with that. I'm assuming they do that at Integrad.

Good luck.

Ghost in the Darkness

I liked the Merrell hiking shoes (still do), last pair didn't seem to last as long. Tried Oboz and I'm hooked. They cost more but I felt the difference immediately. I'm on a rural route with a mix of steep paved &/or rough walking driveways. Take care of your feet they take care of you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You could have the pants hemmed but you would need UPS socks.

Learn the 5 and 10 but also practice the driver drill in your own vehicle. Lots of people struggle with that. I'm assuming they do that at Integrad.

Good luck.
The driver drill is probably the single most dangerous part of our training.

specter208

Is 10 point commentary really word for word including explanation paragraph? im getting mixed answers. Guys at building are saying only the bold is verbatim and the rest can be summarized, guys online saying everything is word for word.

Attachments

• 10 point commentaru.jpeg
    10 point commentaru.jpeg
    536.3 KB · Views: 206

Sheikyrbouti

I went through intergrad last July. Yes, learn it all verbatim. Of course they’ve changed the 10 point commentary from last years version making it more complicated to get down pat. Maybe I will see you in class as I an being sent again lmfao. I still have my “diploma” from last year, but not scratching my training route caused a DQ. Funny thing is I’ve been driving the entire year with the volume, just not in an official capacity. That’s their way of screwing me out of ft benefits imo. Good luck with the class in any case

SandSpida

I’m just hoping I get shorts at this point
Rip every pair of pants they give you, I mean purposely tear them in the crotch or the seem in the backside where the good lord split ya. Tell them you get so sweaty the pants stick to your legs and they tear because you work so fast. Eventually they will find you shorts because they need drivers in seats. Or just wear the pants and enjoy the 25 pounds that you will lose in about 4 weeks.