UPS & Union Spend Millions -- Still Vote No.

RealPerson

I find it funny that UPS and the Union spent millions and it was still a higher percent of NO votes.
Obviously a contract the MEMBERS do not want, only the big wigs at the top of both sides.
With a quick glance of the breakdown of each Local, I find it hard to believe my local had as many eligible voters as they say..... Who checks this, for accuracy?

Money spent -- I got fancy colored glossy flyers from both sides, Emails, Calls, Texts, FB ads, etc.... The pressure from both sides, why even have a vote??? HA

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I think it's safe to say we all lost on this deal.
A lot of members here called it months ago. apathy is deadly.

The damn Union knew about this outcome months ago.....actually this has been the pattern for years. Really sad. Being a Teamster doesn't mean as much as it used to.

It's so important for people not to depend on just one thing. Like not depend on your social security . Or pension . Or 401k and other retirement accounts. Don't keep all eggs in one basket. You can't depend on anyone but yourself. For sure , you can not depend on the teamster union to watch your back.

good luck guys and gals .

F

Frankie's Friend

The damn Union knew about this outcome months ago.....actually this has been the pattern for years. Really sad. Being a Teamster doesn't mean as much as it used to.

It's so important for people not to depend on just one thing. Like not depend on your social security . Or pension . Or 401k and other retirement accounts. Don't keep all eggs in one basket. You can't depend on anyone but yourself. For sure , you can not depend on the teamster union to watch your back.

The strike vote % result was the union's ERI.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
They were....

But, social media was more important.

And they still lost.

Is this how you decide how to reply?:ninja3:
Screenshot_20181012-105106_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20181012-105523_Chrome.jpg

Heffalump

That's definitely scary because alot of us come for the security "the union" offers.