UPS uses virtual reality, ride-alongs to train future delivery drivers

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

UPS uses virtual reality, ride-alongs to train future delivery drivers - Spectrum News 1

Safety starts with a headset and controllers in front of a computer screen at UPS. The company is using virtual reality to teach future drivers about potential dangers before they make their first delivery.

Paulo Delgado has been with the company for 25 years and said he’s seen it all behind the wheel.

“The distractions that you see are disturbing,” Delgado said. “It can go from shaving, eating, watching tv.”

Now, Delgado trains new drivers how to stay alert on their route by focusing on their driving, just as much as what’s going on around them.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
When I took my class the virtual reality station was broken. We just used it as a hang-out area because it had nice chairs.

One day at a time

UPS uses virtual reality, ride-alongs to train future delivery drivers - Spectrum News 1

Safety starts with a headset and controllers in front of a computer screen at UPS. The company is using virtual reality to teach future drivers about potential dangers before they make their first delivery.

Paulo Delgado has been with the company for 25 years and said he’s seen it all behind the wheel.

“The distractions that you see are disturbing,” Delgado said. “It can go from shaving, eating, watching tv.”

Now, Delgado trains new drivers how to stay alert on their route by focusing on their driving, just as much as what’s going on around them.
They use Orion so when the diad 6 isn’t rebooting you see the same street over and over and over.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Very disappointing to see our old hands on quality training going down the drain….no wonder the safety picture is terrible! 😂
✊🧔‍♂️