UPS will make deliveries using Waymo’s autonomous Class 8 trucks

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Universal deployment of autonomous vehicles would save tens of thousands of lives each year. You're just ignorant. You're literally making things up.

But I got paid for keeping up to date on this information, as I was compensated with Tesla gains. Those stuck in ignorance had to watch and be jealous of those gains.
I’m going to be security for a huge company that is all in on autonomous vehicles. Already have a prototype. Company is worth a couple trillion so money is no problem.

TheOCbaby

How is a smart tractor going to hook up hoses and cables, lift the landing gear, verify loads, fuel up, put chains on its tires, know where to bring a load, communicate with customers, know how to stop for DOT scales and inspections, know that its trailer or container is not running over curbs, taking out traffic signals, has flat or burning tires and dragging some little kid on a bike under it for 100 miles? Obviously, a smart, self-driving tractor would need a smart trailer or container-chassis combo as well. There are just none of those made, and it is a virtual impossibility at this point that a smart chassis/container combo will ever be made. I realize that there are some real-world scenarios for autonomous trucks to be used in limited scale applications, such as in enclosed port facilities, but even these examples require such extensive human intervention that it is barely (if at all) cost effective. They move very slow, cannot think on the fly and even the humans that control them have to take vacations and occasionally receive medical care.

wilberforce15

How is a smart tractor going to hook up hoses and cables, lift the landing gear, verify loads, fuel up, put chains on its tires, know where to bring a load, communicate with customers, know how to stop for DOT scales and inspections, know that its trailer or container is not running over curbs, taking out traffic signals, has flat or burning tires and dragging some little kid on a bike under it for 100 miles? Obviously, a smart, self-driving tractor would need a smart trailer or container-chassis combo as well. There are just none of those made, and it is a virtual impossibility at this point that a smart chassis/container combo will ever be made. I realize that there are some real-world scenarios for autonomous trucks to be used in limited scale applications, such as in enclosed port facilities, but even these examples require such extensive human intervention that it is barely (if at all) cost effective. They move very slow, cannot think on the fly and even the humans that control them have to take vacations and occasionally receive medical care.
There will be humans to do landing gear, chains, hoses, and that stuff at destinations.

You don't need a smart chassis for anything. All you need is integrated camera systems on the trailer that talk to the tractor. That's not hard.

I know you don't want this to happen, but it will.

TheOCbaby

"There will be humans to do landing gear, chains, hoses, and that stuff at destinations.

You don't need a smart chassis for anything. All you need is integrated camera systems on the trailer that talk to the tractor. That's not hard.

I know you don't want this to happen, but it will."

:rofl: What incredible naivety. How is a pick up customer supposed to tell a driverless tractor to open your barn doors, back into dock 34 after Knight Transportation pulls out and leave the trailer, then pick up the loaded trailer at dock 57? Do you really expect our customers to know how to unhook and hook up? Are they even going to be certified? And you don't put on chains at a destination. That is something that happens impromptu during an unanticipated road closure on an icy mountain or in a blizzard while en route. Then the chains come off. What phantom is going to appear out of nowhere to do that for the driverless rig? Do you expect state troopers to do it? Does the driverless rig know what the speed limit is when chains are on, and how is it going to know chains are on? How will it fuel itself up on the road? We haven't touched on the topic of railyards yet. They will definitely not suffer fools lightly. There's no way to communicate with a smart tractor to drop its load under the crane at track 129. Railyards are all seat of your pants dispatch. Good luck getting them on board with it. They'll tell us to pound sand. I personally don't care if it happens or not. I'm out of there in a few months anyway. I think you'll have a much harder time convincing state authorities and DOT that it will work and be safe. The simplest thing to do in the feeder operation is to make a local hub to hub pull in perfect weather and perfect conditions. It's obvious from your simplistic response that you are only considering this working through this most narrow parameter. That's the only way it possibly could work. But for the other 95% of a feeder operation, it is completely unfeasible. Oh, and yes, you would need a smart chassis. How else would the system know that the hub bearings require oil, the tires are flat, a wheel bolt is loose or a chassis airbrake is out? You clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Last edited:

wilberforce15

:rofl: What incredible naivety. How is a pick up customer supposed to tell a driverless tractor to open your barn doors, back into dock 34 after Knight Transportation pulls out and leave the trailer, then pick up the loaded trailer at dock 57? Do you really expect our customers to know how to unhook and hook up? Are they even going to be certified? And you don't put on chains at a destination. That is something that happens impromptu during an unanticipated road closure on an icy mountain or in a blizzard while en route. Then the chains come off. What phantom is going to appear out of nowhere to do that for the driverless rig? Do you expect state troopers to do it? Does the driverless rig know what the speed limit is when chains are on, and how is it going to know chains are on? How will it fuel itself up on the road? We haven't touched on the topic of railyards yet. They will definitely not suffer fools lightly. There's no way to communicate with a smart tractor to drop its load under the crane at track 129. Railyards are all seat of your pants dispatch. Good luck getting them on board with it. They'll tell us to pound sand. I personally don't care if it happens or not. I'm out of there in a few months anyway. I think you'll have a much harder time convincing state authorities and DOT that it will work and be safe. The simplest thing to do in the feeder operation is to make a local hub to hub pull in perfect weather and perfect conditions. It's obvious from your simplistic response that you are only considering this working through this most narrow parameter. That's the only way it possibly could work. But for the other 95% of a feeder operation, it is completely unfeasible. Oh, and yes, you would need a smart chassis. How else would the system know that the hub bearings require oil, the tires are flat, a wheel bolt is loose or a chassis airbrake is out? You clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about.
Have you ever even heard of the internet?

It's this amazing thing that connects machines to machines, and allows humans to send directions to far off machines.

It's really cool. You might want to look into it.

Those checks would be done at end-points, or at way-points, by prestationed and qualified people. Much, much cheaper than a driver on every tractor. Regulations will be upgraded to accommodate the needs of the new setup. These are not hurdles.

Seriously, you're a lame horse talking about all the shortcomings of the newfangled horse less carriage that's going to take your job.

You're nothing but a steering wheel holder. My grandkids won't even believe that your job existed.

Last edited:

wilberforce15

By the way, there are still syrup-harvesting operations in Vermont that use horses over tractors, because the terrain is too rugged, and the farmers actually prefer horses.

There is hope for you!

I just don't know what to say if you think those things haven't been considered by the people pouring billions upon billions of dollars into this. They know everything you just said, and they aren't scared of the problem.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
There will be humans to do landing gear, chains, hoses, and that stuff at destinations.

I know you don't want this to happen, but it will.
You are wrong. What happens when a rear tire blows? And then get wrapped up in the axle? A computer driven vehicle would keep on trucking.. Most know what happens at that point.

wilberforce15

You are wrong. What happens when a rear tire blows? And then get wrapped up in the axle? A computer driven vehicle would keep on trucking.. Most know what happens at that point.
It would stop more safely and more controlled than a human driver.

The cameras and other motion sensors easily detect and identify such things. And they'll see it sooner than the driver would, because detecting unusual trailer movement or orientation is easily trained into the AI, before the driver would even feel the wobble or wiggle of a problem.

Last edited:

meritocracy

Universal deployment of autonomous vehicles would save tens of thousands of lives each year. You're just ignorant. You're literally making things up.

But I got paid for keeping up to date on this information, as I was compensated with Tesla gains. Those stuck in ignorance had to watch and be jealous of those gains.
TSLA shareholders are cult members.

HFolb23

I don’t see autonomous trucks ever being more than just next level cruise control for the vast majority of UPS feeder employees. The feeder driver sets them on autonomous once you enter the interstate and then reclaim control before the exit. Just like how autopilot in an aircraft works, pilot takes off and lands, the autopilot handles the other 90% of the flight. In terms of UPS, I see them more likely to just be used as contractors. Any local/shop with any strength doesn’t allow contractors on property anyways, meaning the bigger problem now is making the shifter handle disconnecting/connecting the trailer on someone else’s equipment. It wouldn’t take much convincing for me to believe that autonomous trucks are safer than some of our contractors.

“Cameras and the internet can solve any problem you can suggest might happen with these” Well what happens when the truck can’t connect to the internet then? There are still places along highways in this country where there is no cell service, are they all going to be satellite connected? What happens when you lose satellite reception? What happens when a camera lens gets dirty with road grime or it gets hit my something and takes out a camera? Does it just sit there as a paperweight until someone comes to rescue it? How will it put together a set of doubles or triples? Surely you’ll say it’s all been taken into consideration by people much smarter than myself, but those people don’t work at UPS. UPS isn’t like most trucking companies. Our tractors struggle to just connect the IVIS to the tractor via Bluetooth, it’s going to be a very long time before UPS has whatever smart technology it needs to support owning these trucks in any wide spread capacity. This company can’t even get the robot oversized package trains to work right inside the hubs.

Nobody has mentioned the union yet either. The world can have all the technology it wants, doesn’t mean the union isn’t going to fight replacing its members with automation. The only feeder driver I’d have any type of concern for would be sleeper teams because they’re more along the lines of traditional OTR drivers and we don’t own their tractors.

wilberforce15

I don’t see autonomous trucks ever being more than just next level cruise control for the vast majority of UPS feeder employees. The feeder driver sets them on autonomous once you enter the interstate and then reclaim control before the exit. Just like how autopilot in an aircraft works, pilot takes off and lands, the autopilot handles the other 90% of the flight. In terms of UPS, I see them more likely to just be used as contractors. Any local/shop with any strength doesn’t allow contractors on property anyways, meaning the bigger problem now is making the shifter handle disconnecting/connecting the trailer on someone else’s equipment. It wouldn’t take much convincing for me to believe that autonomous trucks are safer than some of our contractors.

“Cameras and the internet can solve any problem you can suggest might happen with these” Well what happens when the truck can’t connect to the internet then? There are still places along highways in this country where there is no cell service, are they all going to be satellite connected? What happens when you lose satellite reception? What happens when a camera lens gets dirty with road grime or it gets hit my something and takes out a camera? Does it just sit there as a paperweight until someone comes to rescue it? How will it put together a set of doubles or triples? Surely you’ll say it’s all been taken into consideration by people much smarter than myself, but those people don’t work at UPS. UPS isn’t like most trucking companies. Our tractors struggle to just connect the IVIS to the tractor via Bluetooth, it’s going to be a very long time before UPS has whatever smart technology it needs to support owning these trucks in any wide spread capacity. This company can’t even get the robot oversized package trains to work right inside the hubs.

Nobody has mentioned the union yet either. The world can have all the technology it wants, doesn’t mean the union isn’t going to fight replacing its members with automation. The only feeder driver I’d have any type of concern for would be sleeper teams because they’re more along the lines of traditional OTR drivers and we don’t own their tractors.

It's like I have to explain this to a child. I'll take it one line at a time.

*Internet would only be required to change the instructions to the tractor from the outside. Autonomous means autonomous. It doesn't need the internet to perform the task.

*universal coverage, cheap, fast satellite internet is not far away at all.

*UPS doesn't have to develop any of this. No trucking company does.

*Horse unions can't stop the horseless carriage. Package thrower unions can't stop smart hubs.

*I'm not interested in the question of whether most feeders are autonomous in 10 years or in 25 years. That's a meaningless difference. It's going to happen.

Last edited:

HFolb23

It's like I have to explain this to a child. I'll take it one line at a time.

*Internet would only be required to change the instructions to the tractor from the outside. Autonomous means autonomous. It doesn't need the internet to perform the task.

*universal coverage, cheap, fast satellite internet is not far away at all.

*UPS doesn't have to develop any of this. No trucking company does.

*Horse unions can't stop the horseless carriage. Package thrower unions can't stop smart hubs.

*I'm not interested in the question of whether most feeders are autonomous in 10 years or in 25 years. That's a meaningless difference. It's going to happen.
Are you even a feeder driver or are you that blind to this technology to remember that things happen while you’re on road that you need to exit the cab for? Does it autonomously fix itself when the right bump makes the airline pop off on the dolly while you’re traveling down the interstate or does it autonomously put a zip tie over the gladhand? Does it autonomously remove the bolt and throw the handle to slide the tandems to adjust for weight? Does it autonomously open the pintle hitch and close it over the lunette ring to spot its own dolly and build a set? Does it autonomously load itself when doing CPU work?

I’m not denying that this technology is likely safer and is more efficient. It keeps speeds at the speed limit, even though most feeder drivers travel below the posted limits. It takes away DOT hours that should expedite shipments which is phenomenal with supply chain shortages right now. Our tractors already have lane departure warnings, front facing dash cameras, and collision avoidance sensors. We’re only “cruise control being able to steer itself” away from self driving trucks as it is, but that technology has a place and that’s the interstate not the yards of UPS or customer property. This technology solves plenty of “problems” for the company, but you’re naive if you think it doesn’t create some as well.

UPS does need to either develop or alter this technology because UPS is not traditional trucking. If this technology is supposed to be the future of trucking at UPS then they’d better start working alongside this company. Traditional OTR trucking might deliver 2-3 trailers a week, average feeder driver probably moves 4-6 trailers in a single day. You said they’d have prestationed people to pretrip and post trip, do you realize how backed up that would be? I think the time allowance to pre trip a single trailer is like 12 mins, how many of these prestationed people would a hub need if they can only average 5 trailers an hour? Not to mention there’s no room at any hub I’ve ever been to for such nonsense. We won’t even talk about how terrible of an idea it is to have someone other than the driver to do the vehicle inspections, they don’t care enough because when something goes wrong it doesn’t effect them. You never addressed who’s going to clean those cameras and sensors off on road either, I guess we have prestationed wash personnel too and trucks don’t get dirty after they leave property? Give me a break, half the UPS car washes don’t even work.

As I said before, this might be something UPS uses strictly as hired contractors, which if so the union absolutely has a duty to fight. A portion of why my own job was created was via grievance over contractors pulling loads. People get grievance checks every week for contractors moving work while they sit home. People get paid even when sleeper teams move local work and they’re just other employees.

Autopilot has been around for decades and yet there are still people on the flight deck of every commercial flight. As it stands right now this technology is an aid, but it is not a replacement for traditional UPS feeder drivers.

wilberforce15

Are you even a feeder driver or are you that blind to this technology to remember that things happen while you’re on road that you need to exit the cab for? Does it autonomously fix itself when the right bump makes the airline pop off on the dolly while you’re traveling down the interstate or does it autonomously put a zip tie over the gladhand? Does it autonomously remove the bolt and throw the handle to slide the tandems to adjust for weight? Does it autonomously open the pintle hitch and close it over the lunette ring to spot its own dolly and build a set? Does it autonomously load itself when doing CPU work?

I’m not denying that this technology is likely safer and is more efficient. It keeps speeds at the speed limit, even though most feeder drivers travel below the posted limits. It takes away DOT hours that should expedite shipments which is phenomenal with supply chain shortages right now. Our tractors already have lane departure warnings, front facing dash cameras, and collision avoidance sensors. We’re only “cruise control being able to steer itself” away from self driving trucks as it is, but that technology has a place and that’s the interstate not the yards of UPS or customer property. This technology solves plenty of “problems” for the company, but you’re naive if you think it doesn’t create some as well.

UPS does need to either develop or alter this technology because UPS is not traditional trucking. If this technology is supposed to be the future of trucking at UPS then they’d better start working alongside this company. Traditional OTR trucking might deliver 2-3 trailers a week, average feeder driver probably moves 4-6 trailers in a single day. You said they’d have prestationed people to pretrip and post trip, do you realize how backed up that would be? I think the time allowance to pre trip a single trailer is like 12 mins, how many of these prestationed people would a hub need if they can only average 5 trailers an hour? Not to mention there’s no room at any hub I’ve ever been to for such nonsense. We won’t even talk about how terrible of an idea it is to have someone other than the driver to do the vehicle inspections, they don’t care enough because when something goes wrong it doesn’t effect them. You never addressed who’s going to clean those cameras and sensors off on road either, I guess we have prestationed wash personnel too and trucks don’t get dirty after they leave property? Give me a break, half the UPS car washes don’t even work.

As I said before, this might be something UPS uses strictly as hired contractors, which if so the union absolutely has a duty to fight. A portion of why my own job was created was via grievance over contractors pulling loads. People get grievance checks every week for contractors moving work while they sit home. People get paid even when sleeper teams move local work and they’re just other employees.

Autopilot has been around for decades and yet there are still people on the flight deck of every commercial flight. As it stands right now this technology is an aid, but it is not a replacement for traditional UPS feeder drivers.
Autopilot, as it has been known for decades, is light years behind what is coming. You have a very long explanation of your own ignorance here.

Autopilot could not taxi, take off, and land, as safely as a well-trained human in all the varying conditions. Very soon, the human will be the most unsafe element in every aspect. He will be removed.

All the checks and pretrips and post-trips take up no new space, because they all already happen. They take place where they currently take place. How many people does it take? Fewer than the number of current drivers. I have no idea why you've complicated this so much in your mind in the attempt to make it impossible. Why would you think there would need to be more space?

Last edited:

HFolb23

Autopilot, as it has been known for decades, is light years behind what is coming. You have a very long explanation of your own ignorance here.

Autopilot could not taxi, take off, and land, as safely as a well-trained human in all the varying conditions. Very soon, the human will be the most unsafe element in every aspect. He will be removed.

All the checks and pretrips and post-trips take up no new space, because they all already happen. They take place where they currently take place. How many people does it take? Fewer than the number of current drivers. I have no idea why you've complicated this so much in your mind in the attempt to make it impossible. Why would you think there would need to be more space?
Autopilot can indeed land, however due to the processes and red tape involved to make it happen it’s estimated that less than 1% of all landings are done via autoland, usually only in fog. The Airbus A380 can have the autopilot set while on the ground, but most autopilots can’t be engaged until they’re above a certain altitude. Surely if a truck can autonomously move on a freeway then it should be simple to taxi an aircraft in a setting where all movements are handled by a central tower right? So why aren’t they?

If you’re a feeder driver then you understand exactly where the pretrip and post trip inspections occur, and if you’re not a feeder driver I guess you really shouldn’t be commenting on a job that you don’t do.

wilberforce15

Autopilot can indeed land, however due to the processes and red tape involved to make it happen it’s estimated that less than 1% of all landings are done via autoland, usually only in fog. The Airbus A380 can have the autopilot set while on the ground, but most autopilots can’t be engaged until they’re above a certain altitude. Surely if a truck can autonomously move on a freeway then it should be simple to taxi an aircraft in a setting where all movements are handled by a central tower right? So why aren’t they?

If you’re a feeder driver then you understand exactly where the pretrip and post trip inspections occur, and if you’re not a feeder driver I guess you really shouldn’t be commenting on a job that you don’t do.
Autoland isn't widely used because it is not yet reliably safer than humans across conditions, which is exactly what I said. But it will be, and the human will be removed.

See if you can follow this feeder driver level logic:

Pre and post trip inspections already occur. The people who do them also drive. When that employee doesn't have to drive, he can do more inspections. Fewer men total needed.

Can you follow that?

The future robots are already laughing at you.

wilberforce15

You guys also seem to have no concept of time frame.

I said I don't care if it's 10 or 25 years. Or 50 years. The point is that it is emphatically only a matter of time. When, not if.

But I'd say the odds of a 25 year old feeder driver today retiring as a feeder driver are very low.

Last edited:

HFolb23

Autoland isn't widely used because it is not yet reliably safer than humans across conditions, which is exactly what I said. But it will be, and the human will be removed.

See if you can follow this feeder driver level logic:

Pre and post trip inspections already occur. The people who do them also drive. When that employee doesn't have to drive, he can do more inspections. Fewer men total needed.

Can you follow that?

The future robots are already laughing at you.
You guys also seem to have no concept of time frame.

I said I don't care if it's 10 or 25 years. Or 50 years. The point is that it is emphatically only a matter of time. When, not if.

But I'd say the odds of a 25 year old feeder driver today retiring as a feeder driver are very low.

Well thank the sweet lord that I’m a 26 year old feeder driver then, how blessed will I feel when I retire and a year later all my coworkers are mostly unemployed while a select lucky few get to keep their jobs inspecting trailers for robots. It’s a shame my grandkids won’t believe me that trucks actually had drivers at one point, they’ll probably put me in a home when I claim to have driven them earlier in life.

I might just be a dumb feeder driver, but maybe that’s why I can see the flaws in this technology (and your pre/post trip inspectors concept) and you cant. I’ve agreed that trucks with autonomously driving capability have their place, you’re the one who chooses to ignore their flaws and just continue to say that the sky is falling on our feeder dept.

My belief is that this technology in its current state is not going to replace feeder drivers and you would too if you actually did this job. Replace the average OTR driver? That’s a more likely maybe, but it still doesn’t fit the job perfectly nor does it fit the UPS niche as the technology exists today which is why UPS needs to develop or work with these companies if they want this to fit their roles. In 10, 25, or 50 years you can speculate whatever you want but acting as if the end is coming for feeder drivers is melodramatic at best. Generations before mine really thought cars were going to be flying by now.

You seem incredibly confident in this technology, yet you’re very selective about what issues you defend. Why is that? Do you truly think that none of the issues anyone has brought up is a valid reason why a human should still be in the cab? If autonomous trucks in their current state killing feeder driver positions is really the end result that you see in your magic crystal ball then I’d like to ask what other wisdom you can pass along about a job you don’t do? Or perhaps some stock purchasing suggestions since you can see the future and we will all be unemployed soon? I already own TSLA before you suggest that.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say you drive a Model 3 and that your entire personality is wrapped around it.

wilberforce15

Well thank the sweet lord that I’m a 26 year old feeder driver then, how blessed will I feel when I retire and a year later all my coworkers are mostly unemployed while a select lucky few get to keep their jobs inspecting trailers for robots. It’s a shame my grandkids won’t believe me that trucks actually had drivers at one point, they’ll probably put me in a home when I claim to have driven them earlier in life.

I might just be a dumb feeder driver, but maybe that’s why I can see the flaws in this technology (and your pre/post trip inspectors concept) and you cant. I’ve agreed that trucks with autonomously driving capability have their place, you’re the one who chooses to ignore their flaws and just continue to say that the sky is falling on our feeder dept.

My belief is that this technology in its current state is not going to replace feeder drivers and you would too if you actually did this job. Replace the average OTR driver? That’s a more likely maybe, but it still doesn’t fit the job perfectly nor does it fit the UPS niche as the technology exists today which is why UPS needs to develop or work with these companies if they want this to fit their roles. In 10, 25, or 50 years you can speculate whatever you want but acting as if the end is coming for feeder drivers is melodramatic at best. Generations before mine really thought cars were going to be flying by now.

You seem incredibly confident in this technology, yet you’re very selective about what issues you defend. Why is that? Do you truly think that none of the issues anyone has brought up is a valid reason why a human should still be in the cab? If autonomous trucks in their current state killing feeder driver positions is really the end result that you see in your magic crystal ball then I’d like to ask what other wisdom you can pass along about a job you don’t do? Or perhaps some stock purchasing suggestions since you can see the future and we will all be unemployed soon? I already own TSLA before you suggest that.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say you drive a Model 3 and that your entire personality is wrapped around it.
Here, I'll solve it in one post, and get you retirement by 40.

I think most of this stuff is net-bad for society. But that's also irrelevant. Things that are going to happen are going to happen.

Once the first Wright Brothers plane left ground, Transatlantic maritime passenger travel was doomed. It wasn't doomed for 30 years, but it was doomed. Once the first internal combustion engine came to life and turned a few wheels, horses and wagons were doomed. It took a while, but time was the only question.

These advances are on that scale.

I am 1000% confident about what the future holds in this regard, but not because I'm a genius. It's that I believe in money.

When something can save hundreds of billions of dollars across industries per year, it will happen. It will be developed. It will win. And regulations and people and everything else will adapt to accommodate it. Period. Things that are that valuable do not fail.

Betting on autonomous driving is like betting on the wheel, the airplane, the internal combustion engine, or the internet. They so revolutionize whatever they touch, and there are so many hundreds of billions of dollars to be made, that once proof of concept is very clear and the science is conquerable, it's a done deal. That's where we are.

I know for certain that gene editing is going to dominate medicine in my lifetime. I know for certain that the metaverse is going to be 1000x bigger revolution than the internet was. And I know that vehicles will largely drive themselves.

The only question is time. Why?

Because things that revolutionize society and make/save trillions of dollars do not fail. The amount of brainpower and institutional effort put behind these revolutions is a one way ticket. They will all happen, and more.

In 2200, do you really think trucks don't entirely drive themselves? Of course they do. Well, then, it's only a question of time, whether they dominate in 2150 or 2135 or whatever.

With a feeder salary at 25, there is no reason you should still be working at 40. The most modest investments into the gene editing companies (NTLA, CRSP, EDIT, etc.) or the metaverse-enabling cryptocurrencies (from MANA to ENJ to small guys like maybe ARPA or IOTX), or the autonomous vehicle companies, or the decentralized finance infrastructure (and their cryptocurrencies), will all pay off in your retirement before you have gray hair. Look into all of them. DeFi will make you retire. Gene editing will make you retire. Autonomy will make you retire. All of it will.

It's coming. All of the difficulties or problems you suggest are actual jokes. Seriously, they are laughable. The amount of money saved/gained across industries with this success will grind those 'problems' into dust. Think of all the car couldn't do in 1910? Who gives a crap now?

I'll be on a farm with lots of land and chickens, and battery backup with solar, and probably back to an old flip phone. But I'll be retired because all of these revolutions, and the trillions in value they bring, are positively inevitable.

Yes, I'm a preloader. I'm a preloader because I made enough money on these revolutions that I only need PT work for benefits until the final millions are accumulated. I'm a low-risk person and I have mouths to feed. So, I keep a job.

Betting on the wheel is low risk.

Retired by 40. All of these paths will create that.

These things are very visible and very obvious. The average person doesn't see them, and then they happen all at once. I give you NYC change in one decade, from having only one car, to having only one horse.
Autos.png

Last edited: