UPS will make deliveries using Waymo’s autonomous Class 8 trucks

wilberforce15

Does UPS know that a new battery pack for a Tesla starts at $21,000 ? The way UPS likes to hang on to stuff forever they better be checking on the cost of maintaining these electronic / computer driven nightmares.
Modern batteries do not need replacement.

Commercial Inside Release

The Texas freeways I know, have a lot more hazards than any winter weather, which is nonexistent for most of the state. The fast lane averages about 93mph; on the interstates traffic laws are mere suggestions; and there are a ton of non-English speaking, uninsured and high drivers that add to the nightly carnage.

wilberforce15

The Texas freeways I know, have a lot more hazards than any winter weather, which is nonexistent for most of the state. The fast lane averages about 93mph; on the interstates traffic laws are mere suggestions; and there are a ton of non-English speaking, uninsured and high drivers that add to the nightly carnage.
That makes the bots even better. They have vision and reaction times that a human cannot replicate.

wilberforce15

And the checks in the mail
Tesla already has the million mile batteries shipping in cars right now. And that's with mild degradation. It's many millions of miles if you allow 20% degradation.

They don't warranty or advertise it because it would dry up demand for those without the new batteries.

That company went out of business because it upgraded the product with too many improvements. Nobody bought the first, waiting for the second. Cash flow dried up.

Tesla didn't fall prey to that mistake. They kept it on the down low.

The new 4680 cell will out last the body, and then be removed from the car to still act as grid storage backup.

Tesla Already Has a "Million-Mile" Battery

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Tesla already has the million mile batteries shipping in cars right now. And that's with mild degradation. It's many millions if you allow 20% degradation.

They don't warranty or advertise it because it would dry up demand for those without the new batteries.

That company went out of business because it upgraded the product with too many improvements. Nobody bought the first, waiting for the second. Cash flow dried up.

Tesla didn't fall prey to that mistake. They kept it on the down low.
Makes sense. I have no doubt batteries have made tremendous progress. I’m just skeptical about autonomous vehicles. My generation I guess, lol

wilberforce15

Makes sense. I have no doubt batteries have made tremendous progress. I’m just skeptical about autonomous vehicles. My generation I guess, lol
Personally, I hate it. I don't want smart devices, and definitely not a smart car. It gives too much potential control of my movement to a bad actor, whether at Tesla or in the government.

However, the development and success of them isn't in question. It's a done deal. Just waiting for time and economics to catch up. Human drivers will eventually be illegal.

Last edited:

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Humans are still more dangerous no matter how many wrecks they allegedly hide. They're that much better than you
The autonomous vehicles have way more unexplained fatalities. There is also a big problem with autonomous vehicles. They would have to change the laws.
Due to in the current situation. The company that built the vehicle is financially responsible. Since they say they sold an autonomous vehicle...

wilberforce15

The autonomous vehicles have way more unexplained fatalities. There is also a big problem with autonomous vehicles. They would have to change the laws.
Due to in the current situation. The company that built the vehicle is financially responsible. Since they say they sold an autonomous vehicle...
Universal deployment of autonomous vehicles would save tens of thousands of lives each year. You're just ignorant. You're literally making things up.

But I got paid for keeping up to date on this information, as I was compensated with Tesla gains. Those stuck in ignorance had to watch and be jealous of those gains.