UPS vs CDC

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I paid my way through college working 3 shifts at 7–11 per week and caddying for 2 months in the summer. They just want everything handed to them.
I’m paying my way through college also while I’m driving Ft. I agree that there is that sentiment out there.
I disagree with where it comes from, because it wasn’t nearly as hard to financially care for yourself in the 70’s 80’s and 90’s. Rent is ridiculous. You know that

rod

Retired 22 years
Boomers: my house and 5 acres cost 5000 dollars in 1975
Boomers: “kids these days are lazy”
Boomers: “15$ minimum wage? That’s crazy”
Millennials trying to keep up with our parents expectations:
View attachment 338025
My first house in 1971 cost me $18,500 (I made $6.25 an hour at UPS- my wife made $3.25 an hour working for the State).
Most Kids these days ARE lazy
If you don't like minimum wage look for something else - maybe in the trades--everyone is begging for worker's now.

Millennials-- cry too easily and expect everything to be easy.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
My first house in 1971 cost me $18,500 (I made $6.25 an hour at UPS- my wife made $3.25 an hour working for the State).
If you don't like minimum wage look for something else - maybe in the trades--everyone is begging for worker's now.

Millennials-- cry too easily and expect everything to be easy.
and then they come on BC and state that their PC job is like going off to war or something.....Unreal!

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE

Millennials-- cry to easily and expect everything to be easy.
Of course you think that.
You lived in a time where inflation wasn’t a problem
Not of us are lazy, boy, I can promise you that
It sucks that you focus on the bottom 10 whenever referring to my generation

rod

Retired 22 years
Of course you think that.
You lived in a time where inflation wasn’t a problem
Not of us are lazy, boy, I can promise you that
It sucks that you focus on the bottom 10 whenever referring to my generation
What is the current rate on a home loan? 1.5% to 2.5%? My first house was 14% -some were paying 17- 18 %.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Absolutely not.
But I followed your advice, shut up and did something about it, and yet you still don’t approve 😂
Princess, your comments on another thread inferred the difficulty of driving around in circles and delivering boxes requires a certain kind of woman.
It's a simple job, nothing strategic or life threatening about it...Except to a guy like you...LOL Grow up.

Hot Carl

We’ve had so many injuries since covid started. Nobody has proper time to recover, and were breathing in the poison in our bodies ALL day. Less circulation, less healing....the nicks and bruises aren’t going away, and thus turn into bigger problems.
Don't know what your region's 6th punch language is, but ours is something that's gonna need to be addressed with this next contract. We're coming up on 15 straight months of weekly forced 6th punches. And we've had more than our fair share of injuries too. This week-to-week death march of 55+ hr weeks with 1 day off is just a bit much. One day off in between these grueling weeks just isn't enough time for your body to fully recover.

It's one thing to tough it out through peak. But we're well over a year of having to selectively use our call-ins to avoid both discipline and another ankle sprain/shoulder dislocation/pulled back muscle/etc.

And all the top seniority 22.4s are in that sweet spot where they never have to work Mondays, meanwhile the bottom RPCDs can either be up against 60 hrs every week, or call out and risk retaliation.