UPS why do they not DRUG TEST??

Meiz

When you combine the conversations I hear, the exchange of cash I see, and how understaffed my facility already is, its in UPS' best interest not to regularly test. I've narrowed it down to either drugs or an after-hours underground dog fighting league...

CoolStoryBro

Has drug use been a problem with drivers? Seems like is not a problem. So why waste money on testing. If a guy can handle his sauce and is still capable of performing driving duties then he is an industrial athlete gold medal champion and that kind of talent cannot be squandered just because drug testing. What are the benefits of drug testing? At my previous employer it was essentially for lower insurance rates.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
The answer is obvious....

Oh the employee got hurt on the clock and needs medical attention that costs us money???

*Drug test comes back positive*

Oh look we are no longer responsible for the employees medical bills how awesome is that.

Staydryitsraining

You know it could be, the company doesn't feel it necessary to drug test unless an incident arises where they feel it's warranted. If they did drug test you all would cry they are over stepping their boundaries.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
You say that, but you're clearly full of :censored2: because HAD you actually worked in operations you would work with us and not against us.

You can always tell you're working with someone in IE who has actually done the job, because even if they can't help you as much as you want, you can tell they actually care. You're a clear case of someone who loaded for 12 minutes and got a job in IE.
most ops sups are just flat out disorganized

like who cares what the SPC is, what the literal :censored2: does that have anything to do with your day?

i save my sympathy for the hourlies who have to put up with retarded ops sups and have to work long hours doing real work

oldngray

nowhere special
yes that is what they do thanks for noticing
stupidity.jpg

Johney

most ops sups are just flat out disorganized

like who cares what the SPC is, what the literal :censored2: does that have anything to do with your day?

i save my sympathy for the hourlies who have to put up with retarded ops sups and have to work long hours doing real work
I call :bsbullf:There is no way you're in IE.

F'n B-rad

When I was hired, the HR said they didn't drug test because of high turnover and associated the cost. They only test if you get into an accident.

Dr.Brownz

I have always wondered why this company does not drug test Drivers or p/t employees. I know that if they did it would be impossible to staff a building but is it about the turnover and the cost I assume

The union fights it. Multiple pages in the contract about how and why testing. Very specific circumstances, need two specially trained supervisors to witness you intoxicated at work.

A false positive drug test could ruin some ones carear and life so that is why they say no. Imagine if the company could threaten to make you pee in a cup at a whim, it would be abused and harrassment would be even worse

Dhydratd

There is also a high cost associated with falsely accusing someone. The last driver I knew that was tested was removed from service for 3 days while they awaited the test results. When the result came back negative he received back pay for those 3 days.