UPS worker kicks package on video

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I don't know if you are union or if she is union but I would get the stewards involved before the supes or center manager. Teamster Oath "...I WILL NEVER KNOWINGLY HARM A FELLOW MEMBER..." If she is not a Teamster then it's no holds barred
If she won't listen to her drivers than she's effectively harming herself. We WAD...I have to listen to my center manager over a driver. However, if a driver isn't happy and it's related to me doing my job, I'd listen and if the problem is fixable then I would try to do so. But then again, that's me taking pride in my job. If I refused to listen, and you went to manangement, then so be it. We're all supposed be adults here.

LKLND3380

If she won't listen to her drivers than she's effectively harming herself. We WAD...I have to listen to my center manager over a driver. However, if a driver isn't happy and it's related to me doing my job, I'd listen and if the problem is fixable then I would try to do so. But then again, that's me taking pride in my job. If I refused to listen, and you went to manangement, then so be it. We're all supposed be adults here.
I agree 100% but I would cover myself to keep from being the bad guy in the event she is given a warning or this lead to termination.
I tried talking to her, the steward tried talking to her, belt supe tried talking to her...
If she is terminated and she fights the Steward can say he tried talking to her before all this happened.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I agree 100% but I would cover myself to keep from being the bad guy in the event she is given a warning or this lead to termination.
I tried talking to her, the steward tried talking to her, belt supe tried talking to her...
If she is terminated and she fights the Steward can say he tried talking to her before all this happened.
She'll get moved before discipline will ensue. If loaders were fired for poor load quality....we wouldn't have too many left...lol.

oldngray

nowhere special
She'll get moved before discipline will ensue. If loaders were fired for poor load quality....we wouldn't have too many left...lol.

Those problem children get shuffled around but nothing serious ever gets done. The worst I knew of was a guy who had fried his brain on drugs and had serious memory issues. He got moved to unload but kept his job.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I find it very troubling that some of you are condoning his behavior.
I don't condone his behavior in the least but at the same time I find it very troubling that you feel he should lose his job even though the contract clearly spells out the progressive discipline procedure that the company is required to follow.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't condone his behavior in the least but at the same time I find it very troubling that you feel he should lose his job even though the contract clearly spells out the progressive discipline procedure that the company is required to follow.

Would you want to work along side someone like that?

member6045

Now that it's confirmed that the driver was not seasonal and had a union card why didn't BA fight for the members job. Why not file for arbitration? What happened to progressive discipline. Not steer member to resign.

rod

Retired 22 years
Now that it's confirmed that the driver was not seasonal and had a union card why didn't BA fight for the members job. Why not file for arbitration? What happened to progressive discipline. Not steer member to resign.

I'm guessing by the video that the driver had had enough and was ready to leave and decided not to fight for his job. I witnessed a couple of cases like that.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
you just never know when your being watched and filmed. so what's the discipline here? failure to follow directions for package handling?

http://longisland.news12.com/news/u...estbury-business-kicks-box-on-video-1.9557533
get-attachment (17).jpg

Appears that UPS allows us to roll heavy packages now!