UPS worth less than.....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No one has any idea if Facebook can actually make money. That's why most people are advising to do nothing for a long while. The only two people I heard say buy was only after it falls below $25.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
No one has any idea if Facebook can actually make money. That's why most people are advising to do nothing for a long while. The only two people I heard say buy was only after it falls below $25.
The problem is it wouldn't have the worth it has now if people didn't buy it at the IPO. Suckers looking for a quick buck and never saw the pop now are regretting it, greed and hype is all it is. What happened to buying into a company with good financials and a product you believe in?

brown_trousers

What do they actually do to contribute to society as a whole besides humanities narcissism?

Welcome to America! Where the businesses that shouldn't actually have a logical purpose are the ones that succeed the most.

But seriously, I completely agree with you. All the money and resources wasted on needless/irrelevant business is confounding.

klein

Für Meno :)
How they came up with opening up that stock at 100 times the value, beats me.
Eventually, these shares will be trading under $10 per share, and rather sooner than later.

In 85 days nthe new millioniares and billionaires at facebook (on paper), will also be entitled to cash out their shares, and will probably want to buy a home, new car, etc with their new riches.
PLus, a lot of people are short selling this stock, added altogther, stop losses will kick in, and further bring the price down.

moreluck

golden ticket member
What do they actually do to contribute to society ???

That's the same question asked to the Kardashians, Kendra, Jill Zarin, Jesus Barbie Alexis Bellino..........

S

splozi

What do they actually do to contribute to society ???

That's the same question asked to the Kardashians, Kendra, Jill Zarin, Jesus Barbie Alexis Bellino..........

Expecting/requiring every entity, person, etc to contribute something to society can lead down a dangerous path.

barnyard

KTM rider
Facebook has access to 1/5 of the world's population

the revenue to be gained from data mining is gigantic

This.

A friend of mine is a consultant that specializes in helping companies' optimize their FB presence and effectively mining FB data for sales. He is on the road constantly, but is also paid very, very well.

klein

It'll be down another 5-6% today.
He was 1 out of 96 million to sell it for $45.00, he did pretty well !
Also only one of a few thousand to get it at $38.

klein

If this keeps on going, facebook will be worth less than UPS by the end of the week (Fridays fb market cap at opening was $104 Billion, today already trading over 7% lower with a current market cap at 12:41 mdst at $87 Billion. (UPS has around $72 Billion market cap).

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If this keeps on going, facebook will be worth less than UPS by the end of the week (Fridays fb market cap at opening was $104 Billion, today already trading over 7% lower with a current market cap at 12:41 mdst at $87 Billion. (UPS has around $72 Billion market cap).
I have to admit I don't generally like most of your posts but you actually know what you're talking about in this thread.