UPS worth less than.....

I wasn't in on the trading so I threw out the numbers I heard in passing. From what I understand it was acquired at closer to $39 and sold partially as it neared its peak and the rest it fell. Someone said dumb truck driver. Well thats what I am as when I'm spoken to in "broker" speak it gets foggy with talk of margins and calls and holds and buys and sells. I just ask if we made money or not. Was FB a overall dud in comparison to Google (thanks to it being Kleins sole source of knowledge it has been very profitable) and Apple, yes.

So:
1) Did I talk too quick on something that I am not the expert on in the family ,yes.

2) My "insider" has been in the business for over 20 years and with her former company is where it was bought.

And 3) for my buddy Klein. Who the friend are you to call out BS o'King of Google? If you were to Google your own name you couldn't come back with the correct facts. And you stock tips were cut and paste straight out of the newspaper so who are you to talk? And isn't your retirement plan, besides living of Mommy's teet, investing in lottery tickets, aluminum cans, stock in trinket companies, and kickbacks from the Cuban board of tourism? I'll admit to the others I was out over my ski's on what I said. You, you can go shove your head back up your bum before you can criticize me.
And don't get me started on your comment about refusing to pay for a website. (it has to do with it being your only shot at a sex life)

klein

Für Meno :)
Is that right cashsux ? Check out fb - it's 1 year goal is set on the stock sites at $40 per share !
I said $10 !

And mommy doesn't give me a dime, and have never asked for one, either.
I don't even call her or ever see her !
Why do you think I work for a living ? No matter what you may think, but I have always done something to earn my own way.
I didn't even call her on Mothers Day !

Is that right cashsux ? Check out fb - it's 1 year goal is set on the stock sites at $40 per share !
I said $10 !

So, you who called me out, is now calling me out further on information you had to look up on the internet? Thanks for putting a nail in that coffin,buddy.

klein

I look at the Nadaq every single day, because that's where all my investments are located in. Not the Dow - everything I have is in the Nasdaq !

moreluck

golden ticket member
"everything I have is in the Nasdaq ! "

That's what those investors said who lost everything in the dot com crash!!!

klein

I bought into it, after that crash. I was making as much as $500 weekly payments into it , starting in year 2002.
Bought most of it under $2000 (nasdaq mutual fund). Even today I still get warning letters and phonecalls from my security fund company that I'm invested into a high risk growth fund.
I just tell them to shut up, and I know what I'm doing and I believe technoligy is the best to invest into.
And just look how well I did sofar.
Everyone is hooked on technoligy these days - they need the newest cell phone, the newest TV, and can't go with a computer, etc.
Apple is my largest holding according to my fund, and I think it was trading only at $30 a share at the time I started buying into the fund. (The Iphone, Ipad, Ipod or Itunes weren't even out, yet) !

klein

Hey,hey, he's the expert here. Don't question him or he'll Google some fact about California and put you in your place too.

I don't need to google, all I need is to watch some real TV news !
Nasdaq is even being sued over the matter, that people couldn't buy and sell on time on Fridays Facebook shares.
It took up to 4 hrs for transactions to even get thru the system.
So, even if you bought right after opening, you could have hit the high point of $45 instead of $39, and if you sold at $45, you could have hit the $38 mark again.

Watch the freaking news for a change !

P

pickup

I bought into it, after that crash. I was making as much as $500 weekly payments into it , starting in year 2002.
Bought most of it under $2000 (nasdaq mutual fund). Even today I still get warning letters and phonecalls from my security fund company that I'm invested into a high risk growth fund.
I just tell them to shut up, and I know what I'm doing and I believe technoligy is the best to invest into.
Everyone is hooked on technoligy these days - they need the newest cell phone, the newest TV, and can't go with a computer, etc.
Apple is my largest holding according to my fund, and I think it was trading only at $30 a share at the time I started buying into the fund. (The Iphone, Ipad, Ipod or Itunes weren't even out, yet) !

Technoligy?????? Is that one of them thar new things like a telivision and the interwhat?

Edit: here is the german word for technology: Technologie . Notice how an "o" precedes the "g" in the word just like in English?

Klein, your poor spelling isn't due to the fact that you are so proficient in multiple languages, it is due to the fact that you are too lazy to learn how to spell correctly.

klein

Technoligy?????? Is that one of them thar new things like a telivision and the interwhat?

Edit: here is the german word for technology: Technologie . Notice how an "o" precedes the "g" in the word just like in English?

Klein, your poor spelling isn't due to the fact that you are so proficient in multiple languages, it is due to the fact that you are too lazy to learn how to spell correctly.

Did you create 3 more words yourself ? Or is that your bad spelling ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Apparently, you haven't watched the preview for "Revolution" yet.

klein

I used to listen to all these stock advisors in the past, then I noticed they rate a stock as a buy once they have bought it.
I know better now, when the outlook is bad (in most cases, and the stock is falling) - buy it !

moreluck

golden ticket member
I used to listen to all these stock advisors in the past, then I noticed they rate a stock as a buy once they have bought it.
I know better now, when the outlook is bad (in most cases, and the stock is falling) - buy it !
Did you do that with Braniff Airlines?
Quick, by Kodak!!!

klein

For whatever price Kodak is selling now, I think under a dollar off hand.
The name itself is worth that much money.
Nothing to lose there.

I don't need to google, all I need is to watch some real TV news !
Nasdaq is even being sued over the matter, that people couldn't buy and sell on time on Fridays Facebook shares.
It took up to 4 hrs for transactions to even get thru the system.
So, even if you bought right after opening, you could have hit the high point of $45 instead of $39, and if you sold at $45, you could have hit the $38 mark again.

Watch the freaking news for a change !

Wow, you learned all about trading stock from watching the news? If it took 4 hours to get through the systems then how did anyone do it? Unlike you Captain Google there are people out there who have actually done the job (and stuck with it :wink2: ) instead of just reading about how someone interprets the job. I suppose your on airline pilot websites telling them how to fly because you watched it on TV? Life is not a Holiday Inn express,buddy, you don't just get to wake up an expert on everything. Stick to alcoholism and hotdogs.

Pick up some Enron while you're at it too.

Lol, I thought I would have to argue my point that you're an idiot but you're doing it for me all by yourself. Carry on.

texan

UPS today 75.00
up_g.gif
0.24(0.32%)

Facebook 32.00
up_g.gif
1.00(3.23%)

Interesting that Facebook went up today.

No comment Pro or Con, I really thought it would go down (Facebook)

That is why I am not a stock broker.