UPS worth less than.....

P

pickup

I have no interest in FaceBook..................you act like it's the only company in CA.
Keeping your fingers crossed for everybody's failure is not a pretty quality.

That last sentence sums up Klein's mentality perfectly.

kingOFchester

I had heard it was near impossible to buy shares @ $38.

Getting an IPO allocation is not easy unless you are on the inside of the said company or the underwriting bank. The underwriters will look out for big players. I know that I would not be able to get an IPO. A good thing as, historically, the IPO price of any given stock is higher then what you can get the stock for several months down the road.

Re-Raise

I just don't see the value in Facebook. People are fickle. People like to think they are on the cutting edge.

Someone will come out with a social media site soon enough that college kids think is the new coolest thing. Does anyone here really believe people won't be tired of Facebook in 5 or 10 years?

I also don't buy things I see advertised on websites I frequent. If there are advertisements on Facebook I can honestly say I have never noticed them. If they are selling me anything they must be doing it subliminally.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
People are addicted to Facebook. The company should charge 1 dollar a month to use the service. An instant 500 million a month profit.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Anybody remember Myspace???? Something new will come along and eventually replace it. I'm on facebook, but it has a lot of glitches. I don't click on the ads, and I have little trust in it.

OptimusPrime

Didn't read the whole thread, so forgive me if this is a repost. FB is very valuable in terms of data farming. Much like how your local grocery store has those "saver cards" you have to have to get a sale price. Can show that males, ages 18-32 like this soda, this band, this tv, show, etc.

kingOFchester

So what you're saying is.. cachsux, is an important player.

Could be, may also know people on the inside, or there is another avenue that I have not explored in regards to stock purchasing. Not calling cachsux a liar either, I certainly do not know all the ins and outs of the financial world. If I did, I wouldn't be a dumb truck driver.

klein

Für Meno :)
The only really way someone would be able to earn big bucks on fb stock, was to buy it and short sell it. I'm sure there are many that did just that, and are still at it.

klein

Für Meno :)
​Not bad!

I call it BS ! And unless I see the paperwork scanned onto this site, it's BS.
Anyone would have a better chance to win the lottery, than to get those buy and sell prices that opening day !

Besides all that, Nasdaq couldn't handle all the traffic on facebook shares that day - it took hrs to get trades through, some got it even at the end of the day !

You couldn't time it right, even if someone wanted to.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I call it BS ! And unless I see the paperwork scanned onto this site, it's BS.
Anyone would have a better chance to win the lottery, than to get those buy and sell prices that opening day !

Don't even go there. He got it and of that I have no doubt. You want to start a war, you're gonna get one. Dandelion