UPS, you can't have it both ways.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Management for the most part, are becomming slackies that couldt drive or worse, have never driven. So forget them all togethor. My goal is to have evryone on my route that ships, ship UPS. Its not for managements sattisfaction, but mine. When I pursue a sales lead I take it personally, I make time to talk with the customer and inform them of all that I know. I like the fact that the Fed-Ex guys(Express, Ground, Home Delivery) in my area know that I look at this as a battle! So what I say to the UPS employees that use management as an excuse, get over it! We are not like them and for the most part we wont ever be like them. Have pride in yourself and lead by example.

bellesotico

BOXstar
It's not that anyone's input is ignored, it's just that it confuses mgmt. They aren't paid to use critical thinking skills.

There will never be any logic in directives that are simply regurgitated.

How big were those packages (back in the day) and how much did they weigh? I will also bet that your preloader had your truck in pretty good shape, not this "just get it in the truck" crap that they call a load today. What was your start time? Most of us have hard ours pushed back 15 to 30 mins. How many committed air stops did you have (back in the day)? (Back in the day) the packages were smaller, weighed less and we didn't have as many committed air stops. It is much easier with a better load. Times change, my friend, and at UPS, I have never seen it change for the better (unfortunately).

Excellent post, I just had to compliment you on this post because it is a rare occasion where I find myself in agreement with you:peaceful:

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I'm more of a customer service employee. the only people I have to interact with is my customers. Treat people like you want to be treated.

I know every PC driver wants to achieve this but get a bad cover driver and all you've worked at could be gone in an instant.

While I was on vacation one time this cover driver yelled at one of our best accounts for him to have to go to the office for more packages after picking up a load from the dock. He says all packages should be at one location.

Well, by weeks end FDX ground now picks up at dock and FDX express gets all the office packages.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Management for the most part, are becomming slackies that couldt drive or worse, have never driven. So forget them all togethor. My goal is to have evryone on my route that ships, ship UPS. Its not for managements sattisfaction, but mine. When I pursue a sales lead I take it personally, I make time to talk with the customer and inform them of all that I know. I like the fact that the Fed-Ex guys(Express, Ground, Home Delivery) in my area know that I look at this as a battle! So what I say to the UPS employees that use management as an excuse, get over it! We are not like them and for the most part we wont ever be like them. Have pride in yourself and lead by example.

I think most drivers would very much like to get involved in the sales lead program, and want to shut down fedex...but when they are getting MICROMANAGED for spending an extra 5 MINUTES AT A STOP TALKING SALES LEADS, being questioned about this, being followed, etc, etc. Come-on, its not hard to understand this. Dont expect cooperation when your righting someone a warning letter for using the restroom for a sec at a customers location....and yes this is happening. Most love their job, love their customers and want this company to succeed more than anything, but when you cant trust your employees, or treat your employees with a little dignity how do you "trust" them to grow the business?. They always say ups employees are the best, that drivers are the greatest salespeople, that they are the "face " of ups...well show everyone you actually mean it.