UPS

S

slyguy

Fedex is hot and making more money than UPS. Drivers work less hours, get paid well, work smarter not harder with better tools, no forced overtime, no union, personable management and flexible working arrangements. Customers are puzzles when UPS will send 4 trucks to pick up 150-300 packages instead of utilizing 1 driver with a proper vehicle to handle skids.

Point, delivering in a mall(choose the best method)

1. mall cart
2. cart
3. no cart
Ciao

R

rushfan

And which friend-word company are you talking about.. The friend-express drivers always complain to me about amount of stops 30-50 (wow that's alot). Managers who aren't very personable. Must be the station here.

I have to agree about sending 4 trucks to pick up one big bulk stop. Numerous times I have had to call for a backup or backups to pick up the rest. This happens every time I do one particular pickup. The shipper looks puzzled when 3 ups drivers show up. I have suggested many, many, times we should have 1 driver do the pickup with a bulk van. We always have one in the yard. It sure would be more efficient.

That's my 2 cents worth.

adios

O

over9five

"when UPS will send 4 trucks to pick up..."

Maybe sometimes, But everyday Fedex sends 2 trucks to deliver (air and ground), and 2 trucks to pick up. Customers hate that!

T

trouble1903

Everyone sounds so proud with this "we only send one truck".

I don't know what center you all work for; but in my center it is the "norm" to follow a truck down a street and stop at the same place the one in front of you just did!! It's become a game to figure out which drivers where at the stop before me!!

D

dannyboy

Try picking up 2-3000 packages and sending 6-8 drivers. It happens here all the time. And some have to miss deliveries just to "help".

AS to duplicate drivers for the same stops, we had that problems a while back. 6 packages for the same stop were loaded on 6 different drivers, as many as three delivering at the same time. MAde UPS look really stupid, but made the #'s look good.

In the 80's when FDX opened shop here, we lost 12 drivers to them because management here was so bad. And the average time with UPS for the drivers was 11 years, so we lost a lot of experience also. And FDX was off and running in our area. Wish all of them well, but if meant stealing volume from my grandmother to get us more........well, that what I get paid for.

d