UPSer hit while riding bicycle

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Michigan and especially Detroit has 1 of the highest insurance rates in the nation, hence most drivers in Detroit are uninsured.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Dave, I think you may be a little confused about things.
rkWRW2.gif

jaker

trolling
So if the guy didn't have insurance and you have uninsured insurance, how are you going to sue the insurance company

And suing someone with nothing might actually help the guy because then he can file bankruptcy and start all over

clean hairy

So if the guy didn't have insurance and you have uninsured insurance, how are you going to sue the insurance company

And suing someone with nothing might actually help the guy because then he can file bankruptcy and start all over
In the unlikely event the guy buys a winning Lottery ticket, that might be the only way to see $ from a judgement.

DOK

I'm psychic.

Would you like Saturday's Powerball numbers?

In all seriousness, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the driver's excessive speed and inability to control his vehicle when he was "cut off" will have his insurance company writing many checks with lots of zeroes.

The medical bills will all be taken care of through the insurance policy.

The financial settlement will be negotiated between the lawyers and will come out of the insurance company's pockets.

Our guy will be set for life; however, that is the least of his concerns at this point.
What if the guy driving the car is uninsured or underinsured?

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
Average time for a personal injury lawsuit from filing to either an out of court settlement or jury award is something like 39 months. Figures coming from an attorney I know well.

So while he may get paid, it'll be a lean three years possibly losing his home, bankruptcy etc. before it happens. Sue and get a judgement? Good for you, the whole blood turnip thing though. If he has nothin,so do you