UPS'ers and Integrity

Raw

Raw Member
There`s gotta be more to this story,like he had dui`s or something. No driver in their right mind is going to bid into 22.3 unless he has to. He`s also probably blowing smoke,or inhaling it,on the driver pay thing.
Be carefull on reporting anything as you might be the one making a mistake next.
I know a driver who works 22.3 because his wife makes $250,000 a year!! :mellow:

Threshold

I had my gloves stolen once. Not exactly new gloves either.
It's pretty bad in my hub. Someone gets fired for stealing on a monthly basis. Usually a rookie, but once someone with 11 years on the job got fired for stealing.

About two years ago, there was a cell phone stealing ring going around. In the end UPS caught one guy, and made a deal with him. The rumor goes UPS would go easy on him as far as criminal charges and job record is concerned if he would give them the names of the other guys. In the end around 10 guys lost their jobs.

writer

Preoad Supervisor
Our hub won't even allow hourlies to bring in their cell phones. Supes and management only. Is this normal everywhere???

I was working at our Denver Hub the other night, unloading a package car when I realized my cell-phone and I had become separated. I didn't have the first clue when it happened, let alone where. I told the supervisor was working for and radio calls alerted the sort aisle that it might be coming. By the end of the night, nothing was known of my cell:sad:. I spoke to the supe I was working for, the full-timer he reported to and another supe I crossed paths with. I described it to Security on my way out and kept my fingers crossed that it hadn't been crushed. I went in last night (Friday) and checked with the p/t supe I was working for AND his full-timer but they knew nothing. By this point, I'd written it off as lost or destroyed in the operation. About an hour into the sort, I was pushing my package car slide down the boxline when a guy came up, ducked under the slide frame and asked, "Did you lose your phone last night?" I said, "Yeah, I did, as a matter of fact. Why?" He answered in a roundabout way, "Flip-phone with X contact?" My eyes widened and I said, "YOU FOUND MY PHONE???!" He smiled slightly and said, "Yeah. Gimme 5 minutes and I'll get it for ya." I found him later and it turned out his area had been getting beaten up. We went to an office and sure enough, THERE was my phone!

Sorry for the long story. I don't know who found it--this guy or a person on another sort. I just wanted to say a very public thank you to the honest UPS employees, both in my hub and everywhere else. You all renew my hope in society. -Rocky

drewed

Shankman
In our building, youre SUPPOSED to have a valid reason to bring it in, checked out by the security sup...but its pretty much free for all