UPSERS.com in retirement

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So you missed the "Ode to Hoke" tribute article? I will forward it to you.

I know better as I am fully aware of and comfortable with my insignificance.

Anyway, I declined giving them any information for a article they do for retirees. I had better things to do.

Not bitter and in fact I am grateful for 40 years at UPS and now I am grateful for my retirement and my bridge-to-Medicare insurance.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I just logged in and was successful.
Read 6 weeks of UPS This Week and did not recognize a single person in the management moves ... guess it was time to retire.

Saw that 145 management people retired in May and I knew 1.
23 died in may - did not know any of them either - that's good.

​I found this - I retired in March (actually February) ... where's my extra month pay?
Hoke Smith 40 yrs.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
Untrue. Been retired for a year and a half and still have access. A former manager of mine has been retired for 18 years and still has access......

Your untrue is untrue. My access was cut off after 6 months and when I complained they said that is how it is supposed to be.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is not meant to be a smart-ass question but why would any retiree want to access upsers.com (other than to see if any former co-workers have also retired)? You are no longer eligible for any of the discounts and any operational changes would not affect you. Seriously, why would you want to go there?

oldngray

nowhere special
This is not meant to be a smart-ass question but why would any retiree want to access upsers.com (other than to see if any former co-workers have also retired)? You are no longer eligible for any of the discounts and any operational changes would not affect you. Seriously, why would you want to go there?

Because I am covered by UPS health care plan (Aetna) and pension checks still come from Atlanta. A change in my UPS run health insurance would qualify as an operational change in my opinion.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Because I am covered by UPS health care plan (Aetna) and pension checks still come from Atlanta. A change in my UPS run health insurance would qualify as an operational change in my opinion.

That would be a contractual change and you would be notified well in advance of any such changes.

oldngray

nowhere special
Change is still change and a letter with little explanation is fairly insufficient. My point is the health insurance is administered by UPS and has UPS as the contact info including UPSer's site, which is blocked even though my plan information is there. And notifications from UPS are notoriously unreliable. There other other notices I "should" have received but didn't. And I am not the only person that happened to.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

​Employee/retiree discounts!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Change is still change and a letter with little explanation is fairly insufficient. My point is the health insurance is administered by UPS and has UPS as the contact info including UPSer's site, which is blocked even though my plan information is there. And notifications from UPS are notoriously unreliable. There other other notices I "should" have received but didn't. And I am not the only person that happened to.

Appears to be another example of

Double Standards!

didyousheetit

guess, that's the same as commenting on other peoples perspectives on issues with no regard as how you come off sounding.