UPSer's "shipping discount" WTH?

Elvis657

upsnondiscountrate.jpg I went online tonight and checked into the discount and wow was I surprised. When I applied the discount the shipping went from $9.85 to $11.74.... kinda makes me wonder about other discounts on there...

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
there are some discounts on the upsers site i was told they got rid of the shipping one because people were taking advantage of it

upschuck

I got over a 40% discount this week.

First thing is, the discount applies a residential surcharge, while the other ways do not.

A lightweight package does not get much discount, the more expensive boxes get a much better discount. Mine was dim wt at 40 or so lbs, and was going across country.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
back in the day i was heavy into collecting/trading via the internet for a bunch of years and was shipping multiple small padded envelopes and packages weekly. after getting priced for shipping, i never once used UPS and exclusively used USPS to the point that i had my own postal license and was printing my own postage and getting free shipping materials (boxes/tape). this was when priority 3 day mail was like $3.50 for up to i think ten pounds. its like 6 or 7 bucks now but im assuming its still cheaper than 3 day select from UPS

rod

Retired 22 years
I had the pleasure of sending some overnight letters to my daughter in Denver last month. The first one was shipped UPS and cost me north of $50. The next two shipped USPS and only cost me $24. No brainer to me.

One person pays 50 bucks for a letter and I get a 35 pound table and a set of overload leaf springs for a pickup "free shipping"---no tax and cheaper than being able to buy locally delivered to my door. I don't know how they can do it.

babboo25

Banned
I had the pleasure of sending some overnight letters to my daughter in Denver last month. The first one was shipped UPS and cost me north of $50. The next two shipped USPS and only cost me $24. No brainer to me.
Yea no brainer. Taxpayers give USPS $18 billion a year, how much does UPS get? I'll pay the $50 because I'm not paying USPS anymore than I have to.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yea no brainer. Taxpayers give USPS $18 billion a year, how much does UPS get? I'll pay the $50 because I'm not paying USPS anymore than I have to.
I'll pay UPS $50 because I have a much higher view of our drivers than I do postal carriers. I mean, just look at the type of of people they hire.
Newman_Flames.gif~c200