UPSPAC letter-anyone plan on giving?

barnyard

KTM rider
I probably won't, but I am kind of torn. UPS spends a lot of dough lobbying to unionize Fed Ex, it would not surprise me if it were more than what the Teamsters spend....

TB

U

ups man

I thought it was a waste of natural resources to even print the thing. I put it in the recycle bin to give it a second chance. at first I thought is was some kind of joke.

JustTired

free at last.......
While I have no problem with a person or company trying to get their position heard by the government, there is something fundamentally wrong when they have to put up big money just to get the ear of that government official. Congress has bastardized the system and turned it into their own cash cow.

Just another example of everything that is wrong in this country. And it comes down to greed. So much for representing the people that voted them into office.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I thought only management were solicited to give to UPSPAC. Why can't the BOD and the Atlanta crew give more? Why ask the hourly people to give?

pretzel_man

I thought only management were solicited to give to UPSPAC. Why can't the BOD and the Atlanta crew give more? Why ask the hourly people to give?

I'm in management and I give every year.

I didn't know that hourly people were solicited to give.

I guess the reason they do that is that management makes up only 9% of this company.

Its certainly your choice to give or not. The success of UPS impacts not only management, but the other 91% as well.

Here is what Jim Case said over 60 years ago:

An expanding business is the only way to provide opportunities for our people. 1944

Our company has grown because our people have grown, and our people have grown because our company has grown. And so it will be in the future... 1945

It seems to me that if UPS doesn't prosper, packages and jobs will move to non-union carriers.

P-Man

local804

It seems to me that if UPS doesn't prosper, packages and jobs will move to non-union carriers.

P-Man

UPS can give some of their billions in profit if they chose to do so then. With the cost of living going through the roof,there really isnt much money left to spare.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

An expanding business is the only way to provide opportunities for our people. 1944

Our company has grown because our people have grown, and our people have grown because our company has grown. And so it will be in the future... 1945

P-Man

Hence the move in to supply chain management, logistics, credit, airlines (using our planes on the weekends to fly tour packages), and other areas so that, in simpler terms, all of our eggs are not in the same basket. UPS is a much more diversified company than most of us realize for the simple reason that if one aspect of the business should falter or even fail the others will hopefully make up for that loss.