Upstate NY Casual driver that has not worked all week... Unemployment???

LeeboyUPS

Exactly as the title says but i have been driving consistently 2 to 3 days a week. My facility has no vacations for the next 2 weeks. I have not been offered inside work due to being a casual.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity

I recall when I was a casual I could collect unemployment if I worked 2 or fewer days in a week. As Mugarolla said, you would probably make more by working a few days and collecting unemployment. I do know that if we were offered and turned down work that we would not be eligible to receive unemployment, which makes sense.

When I was a casual I would file for unemployment if I worked 2 or fewer days in a week.

Hulk, I still don't understand why you are not filing for unemployment? Here our casuals can file if they work two or fewer days per week.

Laws vary by state. Contact the unemployment office in your area. There is no "One Size Fits All" answer for your question. Good Luck.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's a way for UPS to get cheap labor and then dangle the carrot in front of their face with an opportunity to maybe get permanent employment that sounds real fair

35years

Gravy route
Casual driver

style-10139-double-pleated-cuffed-vertical-pocket-casual-golf-pants.jpg