Upstatenyupser 13,657 post.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Or more likely, pro-Individualism.
Of course, in your eyes that is anti-Unionism which equates to pro management.
So I guess you are right ... in a way.

Someone was listening to Neal Bortz this morning. He also refered to unions as "a mob , and a mob mentality is dangerous", noticed how I could say the same things about every political rally I've seen. Wanna see what happens when "you let the market go free and get government out of the way" as he so preaches about, banks and defunct mortages say hello.

I was actually making two more paragraphs about this, but I didn't want to highjack a thread.

rod

Retired 22 years
Someone was listening to Neal Bortz this morning. He also refered to unions as "a mob , and a mob mentality is dangerous", noticed how I could say the same things about every political rally I've seen. Wanna see what happens when "you let the market go free and get government out of the way" as he so preaches about, banks and defunct mortages say hello.

I was actually making two more paragraphs about this, but I didn't want to highjack a thread.

Oh go for it -- I'm in the mood for a good pissing match

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Oh go for it -- I'm in the mood for a good pissing match

It's almost midnight here and I'm about 4 into it after watching Netflix with the offspring. I'll see if I can muster something up tomorrow at the dogs vet appointment.

And the post was refering to Hoax, WSB morning talk show host name Neal Bortz, that he sounded just like from this morning.

rod

Retired 22 years
It's almost midnight here and I'm about 4 into it after watching Netflix with the offspring. I'll see if I can muster something up tomorrow at the dogs vet appointment.

have a good nights sleep bro--- I'm headed to la la land my self:happy2:

Nimnim

The Nim
For posterity, here's the post.

I am sure that as we speak UPS is planning/developing/thinking/ of a way to automate the sort system to take out human error (and your job!) so there would never be a misload. I would venture to guess there are too many obstacles at the moment such as customers who use ASD's or handwrite their labels. I'm sure an automated system would have to depend on computer generated labels.

Sorry to get off topic here, but does anyone know why UPS allows our customers to still use the book? Seriously, they are at least 15 years behind the times with that thing. I once asked a customer why he still used the book and he said because he likes to have a paper record. I told him and I think he knew that a daily print-out would be a paper record for him. I think he was so anal-retentive that he liked writting in the book and keeping the records he hand-wrote. Mental illness is my diagnoses for people who still use the book...

I have only one pickup customer still using the book and they do so because they do not have a computer at their business (bike shop). I do know that new customers have to use the software but I don't know how we could "force" existing customers to do so.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A person is smart but people can be very stupid.

I'll give you an example: I was delivering on a busy four lane (2 lanes each way) street. I was in the right hand lane. I had a stop so I put the four ways on half a block before the stop, secured the pkg car, selected the pkg, grabbed the DIAD, made sure I had 3 points of contact and proceeded to cross behind the pkg car only to discover 6 cars had lined up behind the PC. The first car did not have her eyes ahead of her car, did not see the four ways and stopped right behind the PC and, like sheep, the other 5 stopped behind her. The other lane was clear. The first lady proceeded to yell at me for blocking the road. I simply pointed at the 4-ways, made the delivery, came back to the PC (she was still sitting there) and drove to the next stop.

407, I don't give you the time of the day as I would have to explain it to you using "big hand, little hand".

UnconTROLLed

perfection

I'll give you an example: I was delivering on a busy four lane (2 lanes each way) street. I was in the right hand lane. I had a stop so I put the four ways on half a block before the stop, secured the pkg car, selected the pkg, grabbed the DIAD, made sure I had 3 points of contact and proceeded to cross behind the pkg car only to discover 6 cars had lined up behind the PC. The first car did not have her eyes ahead of her car, did not see the four ways and stopped right behind the PC and, like sheep, the other 5 stopped behind her. The other lane was clear. The first lady proceeded to yell at me for blocking the road. I simply pointed at the 4-ways, made the delivery, came back to the PC (she was still sitting there) and drove to the next stop.

407, I don't give you the time of the day as I would have to explain it to you using "big hand, little hand".
As soon as her lips started moving, is when my fingers move to the 'time card' feature' for a 10 minute rest. :D

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As soon as her lips started moving, is when my fingers move to the 'time card' feature' for a 10 minute rest. :D

It was kind of funny--she yelled at me from the time I crossed behind the PC, crossed all 4 lanes, made the delivery, and was still yelling when I crossed behind (and again pointed to the 4-ways) the PC, got in and drove to the next stop. By then the 5 cars behind her had all changed lanes and she was sitting there by herself.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It was kind of funny--she yelled at me from the time I crossed behind the PC, crossed all 4 lanes, made the delivery, and was still yelling when I crossed behind (and again pointed to the 4-ways) the PC, got in and drove to the next stop. By then the 5 cars behind her had all changed lanes and she was sitting there by herself.

the sad part is she will never understand why she was stuck sitting there, except the UPS driver had to make a delivery. ;D

time to hustle saturday air

QKRSTKR

You actually stop on a 4 lane rd. and make a delivery on the other side of street. Yikes! That's not in my methods. With 5 cars stacking up behind you that fast sounds like a busy rd. Eventually stupid people will rear end u.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You actually stop on a 4 lane rd. and make a delivery on the other side of street. Yikes! That's not in my methods. With 5 cars stacking up behind you that fast sounds like a busy rd. Eventually stupid people will rear end u.

Two lanes of traffic each way. The route is not set up to do alternate side of the road delivery--all deliveries are made from the same side of the road, high to low, as this street brings me in to the heart of my area. This is why I am always careful to put the four ways on well ahead of the stop.