US-Mexico trade deal buoys stocks

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
  • Auto stocks rose after President Donald Trump announced that The United States-Mexico Trade Agreement was struck, replacing NAFTA.
  • The new deal needs Congressional approval.
  • U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer said the deal would not undo the 25 percent tariffs on steel and aluminum that have raised costs at GM and Ford this year.
  • The new deal will last 16 years and will be reviewed every six years. It will not cap imports of light vehicles from Mexico.

It will be fine

Libs are a little slow on the spin on this one
Just another premature victory celebration of something that hasn’t happened yet. This isn’t a new NAFTA deal, Canada isn’t involved. The agreement has to pass through congress. There’s a new Mexican President starting in December, and who knows what they have to do to formally agree. WDFD

rickyb

Too many Americans haven’t seen a pay increase in years and can’t find better-paying jobs in part because of corporate-rigged trade deals like the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

Now NAFTA is being renegotiated, and the deadline is looming. The stakes could not be higher for workers and the environment throughout North America.

Last edited by a moderator:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Trump won again.
You wish we had an emperor.
We don't.
DlpAVs-W4AALaEx.jpeg

Last edited:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Too many Americans haven’t seen a pay increase in years and can’t find better-paying jobs in part because of corporate-rigged trade deals like the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

Now NAFTA is being renegotiated, and the deadline is looming. The stakes could not be higher for workers and the environment throughout North America.
Copy / pasting an entire document is copyright infringement. Here's a link to the source: Act Now: Tell Congress a NAFTA Replacement Must End Job Outsourcing and Protect the Environment!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
  • Auto stocks rose after President Donald Trump announced that The United States-Mexico Trade Agreement was struck, replacing NAFTA.
  • U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer said the deal would not undo the 25 percent tariffs on steel and aluminum that have raised costs at GM and Ford this year.
  • The new deal will last 16 years and will be reviewed every six years. It will not cap imports of light vehicles from Mexico.
Snowflakes didn't like my original thread title ... oh well.

McCain's Death causes stock to take off.

Sportello

copy/pasting the bulk of an article without attribution is a copyright violation. Here is the original article:
US-Mexico trade deal buoys auto stocks

@cheryll

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Is someone reporting this website for copyright infringements?
I've gotten a few legal take down letters over the years from Bloomberg etc. I'd really like to avoid that by taking down copyright infringement before they contact me. I'm an enrolled agent with the FCC to handle copyright infringement for this website:

Claims of Copyright Infringement

It is the policy of Style and Design LLC to comply with the United States Copyright Act of 1976 (17 U.S.C.), and amendments including the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).

Any person who believes that their copyrighted material is contained on any of Style and Design LLC's web sites may file an infringement claim.

Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Infringement Claims:

Cheryl Ferraro

Managing Partner

Style and Design LLC