This RLA crap made my local newspaper today

FedEx All the Way!

Well, FXATW’s “post” was posted on June 9, 2009 on the following site:

Also on this one (June 11)…

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=333655

Please don’t insult us by stating you are the author of something, when it was posted verbatim over a month ago on other sites. I’m sure it is included within FedEx’s intranet sites also. If you are going to copy and paste someone else’s work, fine. But at least state you are doing so and don’t try to mislead others into thinking that you are doing the thinking (writing).

For your information, I never even knew those sites existed. You see friend, I don't work for FedEx or UPS - and of all things that MrFedEx implies all the time - I'm not a manager posing as an employee on this site.
You must have all the time in the world to research. Did you ever stop and think that maybe someone else out there feels the same way I do? I bet not!
Thanks.

FedEx All the Way!

You didn't even write this...it's a quotation. At least have the integrity to credit the person who wrote it. I know it wasn't you because the grammar and spelling are correct.

That said, you're wrong...as usual. Maybe 100 years ago UPS was a trucking company...they aren't any more. Just like FedEx, they are a SYSTEMS INTEGRATOR. 2 different companies doing the exact same thing with multiple operating divisions offering essentially similar services.

As has been said many times before, your argument will be correct when a FedEx plane rolls up to a residence and the pilot hops out and delivers the package. Until then (never), you are still wrong and a brick of the highest order.

OK, OK - so you think I didn't write this - and you think I got all the words spelled right! what else is new?

There's still way more purple blood than you would believe in FedEx. Your 20+ vets would know this.
Truth... Express couriers, handlers and drivers do not have to be looking over their shoulder - they just need to work and do their usual good job. And you are back on that "disruption" thing - I thought you were taking a vacation from it...
FedEx is an airline which is in much better shape than most and also treats their people much better than most..my blood and that of my husband's is still very purple..:peaceful:

Ricochet1a

For your information, I never even knew those sites existed. You see friend, I don't work for FedEx or UPS - and of all things that MrFedEx implies all the time - I'm not a manager posing as an employee on this site.
You must have all the time in the world to research. Did you ever stop and think that maybe someone else out there feels the same way I do? I bet not!
Thanks.

Actually, I never knew those sites existed either till I did my search. It took all of about 20 seconds. See, we live in an age where full text searches can be done instantly. Anyone can copy and paste text into Google, and it will come back with everything that hits. Try it sometime. Copy and paste your entire post into Google and see what pops up. Any text that is verbatim will come up at the top of the search results. So, it isn't that difficult to tell if someone is writing original text, or is merely copy and pasting. That little copy and paste you did was actually first posted on the bailout web site by Feddie Boy when it first opened.

You claim to be educated, so you should've known this is possible. As a grad student, I have every paper I write put through a text search to verify if any text is directly copied from another source. I submit a hard copy for my advisor to read and an electronic copy to the department secretary. The electronic version is compared with an academic search engine and common search engines (like Google) to see if any plagiarized text is included within my work.

As far as others feeling the same way about hourly employees unionizing... That is fine. I just don't understand that if you don't "have a dog in this hunt" why you even bother to post. Every employee that works for a wage in this country should have an opportunity to form a union to engage in collective bargaining. FedEx used to be a decent company to work for; but it has turn to something less appealing in the last few years. I'd rather put my trust in Hoffa than Smith now, so I'd like a chance to give that a shot.I'm not going to be around FedEx much longer, but I'd sure as heck like to give old Freddie Boy as much of a headache as he's given to every Express hourly employee before I depart.

A lot of people that feel the way you do have a hidden elitist agenda behind their viewpoint. They think it is fine for "educated" people to be able to negitiate compensation levels, but those that hold blue collar employment should just take whatever is "kindly offered to them" and keep their mouths shut. I think otherwise. One's chosen career shouldn't limit their opportunity to seek as much compensation as they can bargain with their employer for. The Free Market works for individuals that have opportunity of movement within their career. For people that choose blue collar careers, this option of career mobility doesn't exist. Therefore the Free Market solution is collective bargaining within a labor union. If you were to have worked just a few months as a hourly employee for Express, you'd understand. Since you have a salaried husband, you'll never understand. One has to walk a mile in someone's shoes to understand why their feet hurt...

FedExer267

FedEx is an airline Hahaha
I will be looking around tomorrow driving my ground route waiting for the express guys to land in a residential neighborhood and make a delivery..

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

FedEx is an airline Hahaha
I will be looking around tomorrow driving my ground route waiting for the express guys to land in a residential neighborhood and make a delivery..

You mean you Ground guys didn't get your new Heli-converted W700's yet? Or your jet-pack? I wouldn't be able to make service on my half city-half extended P1 cycle without them. I just wonder what happens when you pull on the red handle....:happy-very:

FedEx courier

Wow "Fedex 4 Life" and "Fedex all the way", looks like FedEx the company is finally admitting that they know their employees would vote a Union in. Assuming that this information is true, but it seems to be accepted as truth because Fedex has linked the article in the news section on "brownbailout.com".

"FedEx officials have said they fear that changing to the National Labor Act would result in more employees joining unions."

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Business/265560/

Wow? I thought they were tauting how great the company was and that they weren't anti-union?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wow "Fedex 4 Life" and "Fedex all the way", looks like FedEx the company is finally admitting that they know their employees would vote a Union in. Assuming that this information is true, but it seems to be accepted as truth because Fedex has linked the article in the news section on "brownbailout.com".

"FedEx officials have said they fear that changing to the National Labor Act would result in more employees joining unions."

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Business/265560/

Wow? I thought they were tauting how great the company was and that they weren't anti-union?

hay U..FedEx is a grate company buddie and dont you forgit it. cuz FedEX cares, OK?? Quite being such a commie and help fred get so rich he can be prezident and get rid of obama becasue he is a muslim. god Bless FeDEX and you go get them fred!!