US solider freed from captivity in Afghanistan

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://youngcons.com/the-hero-wounded-in-search-for-bergdahl/
Army MSG Mark Allen is a real hero who was wounded while searching for Bowe Bergdahl after Bergdahl had abandoned his base in Afghanistan. Allen’s wife posted this message on Facebook:

Meet my husband, injuries directly brought to you by the actions of this traitor. He can’t give an account of what went down, because he can no longer speak. Now, which guy is a ‘hero’ again?!? Sick.”
10377991_1430720357191028_6370401805357541770_n1.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Taliban Commander: Americans Now High Value Targets for Kidnappings After Bergdahl Deal
A senior Taliban commander familiar with the negotiations to exchange Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl for the ‘Taliban 5’ said Thursday that Americans are now a high value target for kidnapping, especially now that such a tremendous incentive has been established.
The commander told TIME Thursday, “It’s better to kidnap one person like Bergdahl than kidnapping hundreds of useless people. It has encouraged our people. Now everybody will work hard to capture such an important bird.”

TIME reiterated that the newly energized Taliban commander who spoke on the condition of anonymity is a very reliable source and he has been in contact with TIME for many years.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Sergeant Bowe Bergdal deserted his post in June 2009 and was immediately held by the Haqqani network, not by the Taliban’s jihadi army. Yet Obama released five Taliban people — not Haqqani people — in exchange for Bergdahl. So what price persuaded the Haqqani network to give away their prized prisoner to benefit the Taliban?
The Haqqani network was formally declared a terror organization in a 2012 decision approved by Obama, so any deal where they had a role means that Obama was trading with terrorists, not merely the Taliban’s “enemy combatants.”
The Taliban got their five top guys back, but what did they pay in exchange? They didn’t have possession of Bergdahl, so they didn’t pay for their five guys by returning Bergdahl.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
They are only required to remain in Qatar for one year . They are free to move about and to communicate with whom ever they wish .
Perhaps we have already made arrangements with Saudi or Israeli agents to have them whacked during their stay in Qatar. We may have released them but it doesnt mean we are done with them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
here's the image..

10377991_1430720357191028_6370401805357541770_n1.jpg

Via Shannon Allen (wife of Sgt. 1st Class Mark Allen):
“Meet my husband, injuries directly brought to you by the actions of this traitor. He can’t give an account of what went down, because he can no longer speak. Now, which guy is a ‘hero’ again?!? Sick.”
HT: IJ Review

av8torntn

He aided the enemy? I hadn't heard that. What did he do?

I'll retract that until charges are filed. We can discuss it then. I don't know all the details but I wouldn't want to be in his position. Best to let a few things get sorted out first. The Taliban have made claims and so have the US military. Both look bad for him.

Panin

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'll retract that until charges are filed. We can discuss it then. I don't know all the details but I wouldn't want to be in his position. Best to let a few things get sorted out first. The Taliban have made claims and so have the US military. Both look bad for him.
That's pretty much what everyone should do, let things get sorted out. There is so little in the way of actual facts that it is difficult to be sure of anything.

The names and faces that are being bandied about as people who were wounded/killed because of him going AWOL is, so far, without basis.

There is no proof, at this point, that the wounds Sgt. 1st Class Mark Allen suffered were due to Bergdahl being AWOL.

It would seem that until President Obama worked out a deal that would actually free Bergdahl, every right wing blogger and Republican politician were calling for action to free him at any cost. Now that he has, they are calling for Obama's impeachment and Bergdahl's execution.

Go figure.

oldngray

nowhere special
That's pretty much what everyone should do, let things get sorted out. There is so little in the way of actual facts that it is difficult to be sure of anything.

The names and faces that are being bandied about as people who were wounded/killed because of him going AWOL is, so far, without basis.

There is no proof, at this point, that the wounds Sgt. 1st Class Mark Allen suffered were due to Bergdahl being AWOL.

It would seem that until President Obama worked out a deal that would actually free Bergdahl, every right wing blogger and Republican politician were calling for action to free him at any cost. Now that he has, they are calling for Obama's impeachment and Bergdahl's execution.

Go figure.

Incorrect. Obama briefed a few members of Congress 2 years ago (including Republicans) trying to get them to approve an exchange and they told Obama no.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...gdahl-trade-2-years-ago-had-serious-concerns/

Last edited:

av8torntn

Go figure.

I would think based on my experiences it is more likely true than untrue.

island1fox

I am withholding judgement as to whether he is a hero or traitor.

I do know that the 5 inmates had better have eyes in the backs of their heads.

Ups,

We are all entitled to our opinions.

To me the question is did he or did he not aid and assist the enemy ?
His e-mails and the actions of his Father in praising Allah-= lead me in the direction that being a traitor is very possible but will wait for all the facts to be revealed --if ever.

The fact that he voluntarily walked off the military base and deserted under wartime --are grounds for a Court Martial and possible execution.

I do not know why people are throwing around the "HERO" option.:angry:

A volunteer joining the military taking a sworn oath -and then breaking it does not constitute serving honorably and with distinction and certainly does not make him a HERO !!

As far as the five Barbarians --once they go underground with the Taliban --it is us that better have open eyes as they plan and execute the next terror attack.
How many years did it take for us to end Bin Laden ??

We get back one deserter --who might also be a traitor --they get five High Ranking experienced Killers--??????

How many of our young died --not only trying to find the deserter --but in capturing those five Animals ??

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
So you attack the source instead of disputing the facts? Typical.
Well there's a couple sources in your article. The one that you are choosing to use is this guy:

The group is run by Duane R. ("Dewey") Clarridge, a former senior operations officer for the Central Intelligence Agency in the 1980s best known for having been indicted for lying to Congress about his role in the tangled set of events that became known as the Iran-Contra scandal.

If you read further down in the same article they also quote former CENTCOM commander General Mattis, who had this to say:

Mattis was also adamant that no one at CENTCOM or within the broader U.S. military or intelligence community -- despite intensive investigation of such allegations -- ever learned of anything to suggest Bergdahl had evolved into an active collaborator with the Haqqani network or the Taliban. "We were always looking for actionable intelligence," Mattis said. "It wasn't just the IC [intelligence community]. We had tactical units that were involved in the fight. We had SIGINT. Any collaborators who were on the other side and who came over to our side. We kept an eye on this. ... There was never any evidence of collaboration."

How about instead of trying this guy in the press in the service of a partisan agenda, we wait for the Army to conclude it's investigation?