US solider freed from captivity in Afghanistan

bbsam

Staff member
Is your implication that there is no other means for hostage rescue. I don't have a problem with a POW swap but I would never suggest that there was no other way.
it's been 5 years. I'd say the other options were pretty well exhausted.

MAKAVELI

So they should have given up on the Bin Laden search as well I see since the limit is five years. Wait what?
So you agree Obama did what Bush couldn't. Unlike Bush, Obama actually dedicated resources to find him and took him out when they found him.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
flashback: Ronnie Raygun dedicates the launch of the Columbia to the 'Freedom Fighters" ( taliban) of Afghanistan . the gGipper really loved these guys,comparing them to teh Founding Fathers of the USA

Where are all of the comments denouncing Reagan as a Communist, being soft on terrorism etc? (Pssst...he's WHITE!!)

bbsam

Staff member
So they should have given up on the Bin Laden search as well I see since the limit is five years. Wait what?
The war is coming to an end. The legal justification for holding any detainees (let alone these five) is ending as well.

av8torntn

The war is coming to an end. The legal justification for holding any detainees (let alone these five) is ending as well.

Of course but your implication was that there could be no other way because all option disappear at five years. That's what I disagree with. This may have been the best way but I would never claim that there could be no other options.