Us unloaders. what boils your blood the most?

HotPepper

I freaking hate crappy walls or heavy boxes on top and easy crushed boxes on bottom wtf! Dont get me started on small air cans

Still love the job though

laffter

When I double shift and work the unload during twilight, I loath Amazon trailers. They usually use the really long 50-something foot trailers (I think), and the extendos do not reach nearly that far. You're forced to extend it by attaching rollers to the end, and the rollers we have suck balls. The gaps between each individual roller is just wide enough for the edges of small boxes to get stuck in. Half of what you put on the rollers ends up falling off before reaching the extendo (slight exaggeration).

The nose of the trailers are typically bricked with boxes, floor to ceiling. On the rare occasion, the walls will be put together very well. Most of the time it's a complete mess. The walls tend to shift and lean back towards you, which results in many box avalanches. I've had the honor of being under one of those avalanches as it came falling on my head, knocking off my glasses and crushing the frame.

Justaname

When I double shift and work the unload during twilight, I loath Amazon trailers. They usually use the really long 50-something foot trailers (I think), and the extendos do not reach nearly that far. You're forced to extend it by attaching rollers to the end, and the rollers we have suck balls. The gaps between each individual roller is just wide enough for the edges of small boxes to get stuck in. Half of what you put on the rollers ends up falling off before reaching the extendo (slight exaggeration).

The nose of the trailers are typically bricked with boxes, floor to ceiling. On the rare occasion, the walls will be put together very well. Most of the time it's a complete mess. The walls tend to shift and lean back towards you, which results in many box avalanches. I've had the honor of being under one of those avalanches as it came falling on my head, knocking off my glasses and crushing the frame.
I'm from a small 23 route center, we never had the extended belt. We always used a set of rollers. Theres nothing worse then when the drop frames rollers where missing.
I also hated when the packages would shift so far forward you had to have 3 guys to get the door opened.

Justaname

I'm from a small 23 route center, we never had the extended belt. We always used a set of rollers. Theres nothing worse then when the drop frames rollers where missing.
I also hated when the packages would shift so far forward you had to have 3 guys to get the door opened.
By rollers missing I mean only one or two creating gaps. Also it was horrible when the trailers wouldn't jack up so you were pushing packages at an slight upward slant

HotPepper

Oh yeah the 53 foot amazons. Just did one sunday. I like them because there light and i can work at a slower speed.

Oh yeah the stuck door lol had that happen yesterday. Me and another guy finally got it

UPSGUY72

Maybe you unloaders need to change shifts and try loading... loading trailers is like play tetris however the game doesn't stop when you get backed up.

laffter

Oh yeah the 53 foot amazons. Just did one sunday. I like them because there light and i can work at a slower speed.

Wait, how are they light? Ours are always packed front to back with gaylords, pallets, and bricked boxes.
I think my center gets like 5 of these damn trailers a day, with the exception of Friday.

HotPepper

Im at an iowa hub. Prob not as much traffic as you

But out amazons usually are on sundays. Also ours do have pallets huge boxes with boxes inside etc. Never ending walls built with small boxes. But ours are always light. Basically kindle weight boxes