User CP Hacked!!

over9five

Staff member
My User CP was recently hacked (I guess), and now I can't re-install my avatar. It's size is 80 x 60 and 26.3 kb, well within limits. It says "unable to upload picture" or something like that.
Any ideas?

over9five

Staff member
Hmmm. Actually I kinda assumed seeing it wouldn't do the eye, it wouldn't do anything. You're right, I should at least try something else.

Griff

It wasn't hacked. Mine disappeared too and now it says "unable to save" constantly. Doesn't matter much to me.

B

brown observer

I would like to register but before I do that how do you input your custom picture avatar? I seen the standard ones but none to my liking. Also, where do you go to get those avatars that seem alive (like that moving eye?

over9five

Staff member
I would like to register but before I do that how do you input your custom picture avatar? I seen the standard ones but none to my liking. Also, where do you go to get those avatars that seem alive (like that moving eye?

What do you know about a moving eye??? Who are you?? I KNOW YOU HACKED MY EYE!!!! GIVE IT BACK!!!

over9five

Staff member
....actually Mr Brown Observer, you can register now and add/change your avatar anytime.....

...unless you're me....then you can no longer have an avatar....

SmithBarney

over9, maybe you have to name the eye something else... perhaps your old one
still resides on the server.. and when you upload it you get an error due to duplicate names? Just an EyeDIA

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
over9five,
May I suggest that you try to re-install your rather unique eye avatar from wherever you got it in the first place? No monkey business on this end, the moderators do not have access to removing avatars. We have no reason to do anything like that anyway, the "eye" was liked by all. It was much better than the "Cowboy".:wink2:

over9five

Staff member
LOL, Scratch that really did make me laugh! Remember that? Who gave that to me?

And I never suspected a mod of deleting all my profile.

over9five

Staff member
over9, maybe you have to name the eye something else... perhaps your old one
still resides on the server.. and when you upload it you get an error due to duplicate names? Just an EyeDIA

Thanks for the suggestion, Fredly. I just tried it, didn't work.

I'll try one I used to use...

DS

Fenderbender
over9 do you want me to email cheryl about it?
You should do it yourself as it is a real issue.
Otherwise ,if you dont care about rep points and all that crap,why not just re register under a new email address
using say ....overninefive,or over9"5.or >9.5,or over9.5?
btw I`m having problems with the photos,I can't delete them or post new ones I had to use photobucket to post a pic

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I thought the Cowboy was disgusting. I think that he represented a certain thread topic and DS sent it to you. This site does get certain glitches from time to time. This sounds like a question for Cheryl. If you can't reload your eyeball or any avatar, maybe you can PM her and she can reset something for you.

over9five

Staff member
Thanks DS, but I'm kinda thinking whoever deleted all my CP stuff must have changed some setting?

I'll try a standard avatar next like Moreluck suggested.

over9five

Staff member
You're right, it was DS that sent me that!

Well, as you can see, the standard avatars will work.

I'll EMail the boss!