Using DEX 010 ~ inspection required

SmithBarney

The next day, my entire station was reminded that we are to take out ALL packages regardless of condition so that the customer can refuse them and therefore file the claim with the shipper.

So now I get to bring an empty package to a customer, hope that they're home, tell them that I'm trying to deliver absolutely NOTHING to them, and get them to agree that they want to refuse the package. Makes perfect sense.

Nothing makes us look more incompetent than bringing out an obviously damaged package.

As a customer, they'd rather a damage scan ASAP, so they can reorder, not wait til they wander home and find an empty box on the doorstep.

Because if we don't care enough to stop a clearly damaged package in the system why would drivers care enough to worry about asking the customer, they just release empty/damaged boxes.

Hand packages to your manager and ask them if they would feel comfortable bringing it to the customer, If they say yes, then tell them to suit up. ;) Most cases they can make the decision.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Nothing makes us look more incompetent than bringing out an obviously damaged package.

As a customer, they'd rather a damage scan ASAP, so they can reorder, not wait til they wander home and find an empty box on the doorstep.

Because if we don't care enough to stop a clearly damaged package in the system why would drivers care enough to worry about asking the customer, they just release empty/damaged boxes.

Hand packages to your manager and ask them if they would feel comfortable bringing it to the customer, If they say yes, then tell them to suit up. ;) Most cases they can make the decision.

As a customer, I'd rather have the package. Just because the container is damaged doesn't mean the contents are. I wouldn't want someone at the station playing Johnny Hero and holding the package, especially if I needed the contents on that very day.

Nolimitz

As a customer, I'd rather have the package. Just because the container is damaged doesn't mean the contents are. I wouldn't want someone at the station playing Johnny Hero and holding the package, especially if I needed the contents on that very day.
while your Walmart salsa drips all over another 100 pkgs. Here sir is your friend-ing salsa

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
We're also talking about totally empty packages. How many customers do you believe will react positively when you hand them an empty package with the question, "would you like to accept or refuse delivery?" Simply more proof that you have no real world concept of what those whom you criticize, are experiencing.

SmithBarney

Like I said the ones that are clearly obviously damaged, we look like morons bringing empty boxes, or boxes with shattered glass lights in them. Sure a small crushed one will get an attempt, but don't hand me an empty box, I'll hand it right back.

XEQaF

Don't worry guys @59 Dano's mandate is to disagree with everything you say no matter what!
So I'm going to say he is the most brilliant man here... Now I will wait for him to disagree with that remark

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Don't worry guys @59 Dano's mandate is to disagree with everything you say no matter what!
So I'm going to say he is the most brilliant man here... Now I will wait for him to disagree with that remark

"How dare he interfere with our attempt at an echo chamber!"