Using DEX 010 ~ inspection required

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Well while it can, reality comes a' callin' and most recipients aren't even gonna think of saving a courier a trip nor are service agents gonna call a shipper unless some customer is really yelling and cursing.

I say that something sometimes happens in a limited set of circumstances. You chime in to say that in most cases, it doesn't.

Fascinating.

Oldfart

Your station's support staff need to do their damn jobs. Distressed packages should not go out for delivery, and I'm sorry if management makes you do it anyway. :(
You can't make a blanket decision to never deliver a damaged package. Different shippers have different requirements as far as replacing the contents. Some damaged items might actually have some value as far as parts or maybe being able to repair the damage. Plus, who is gonna make the call on what actually classifies as damaged beyond being able to deliver it. Too many variables involved to say NEVER deliver a damaged package.

CJinx

You can't make a blanket decision to never deliver a damaged package. Different shippers have different requirements as far as replacing the contents. Some damaged items might actually have some value as far as parts or maybe being able to repair the damage. Plus, who is gonna make the call on what actually classifies as damaged beyond being able to deliver it. Too many variables involved to say NEVER deliver a damaged package.
Hell, I agree with you. It's a case by case basis. I'm just saying when it comes to damaged packages, it needs to be removed from the route until someone can make a determination. Personal shipment, absolutely. I'd remove things like broken glass so nobody gets hurt. Some *ahem* big box retailer shipment? Screw it. Return it and they can send another and hopefully pack it better next time.
Just my opinion and personally I'd rather a courier not need to make that judgement call in someone's driveway. You guys have enough to deal with.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Hell, I agree with you. It's a case by case basis. I'm just saying when it comes to damaged packages, it needs to be removed from the route until someone can make a determination. Personal shipment, absolutely. I'd remove things like broken glass so nobody gets hurt. Some *ahem* big box retailer shipment? Screw it. Return it and they can send another and hopefully pack it better next time.
Just my opinion and personally I'd rather a courier not need to make that judgement call in someone's driveway. You guys have enough to deal with.
We simply leave broken items on the platform. End of story. If they choose to repackage them or send them out in a better condition than when we got them so be it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
More verbal wandering from the guy who has to say something despite having nothing to say. Idiot.
Well Mr. Shillweasel, apparently I do. You had me on ignore now you don’t. Not surprising though.

So...how’s the (cough, cough) “new job” coming along?

CJinx

There's definitely more to that story. They don't axe a contractor without cause, especially with no plan to cover the service area effectively. It absolutely destroys station morale as everyone is glued to phones taking abuse from angry customers. Factor in the negative press coverage and the costs involved in luring outside contractors to come in and clean out the backlog...

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
That news article didn't have anything to do with damaged cargo???

Yeah, where's the other side to that story???

In my area, we're still using drivers from other terminals to help out with the single system conversion.

Out of the whole week, one day failed miserably on the preload end. I had to grab the wrist scanner and scanned 20 missed boxes for that day.

I'm at 100% every day because I take my friggin time preloading my truck every morning, noting the mis sorts and mis plots before I leave the terminal.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
"But Friday, one Western Kentucky contractor for FedEx Ground tells us he was fired, and he says for no reason." Right. Ground decided one day to fire the guy just for the hell of it. He sounds like a clown based on his quotes in that news story.
Takes one to know one.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

I agree with Derek in the comments...

He should've asked the customer to refuse the package, apply DEX 006 on it, get his signature, take it back to the terminal.

We still get paid for the stop if it's a DEX 006, right?