Using DEX 010 ~ inspection required

Bingo

Express guy here- During Dangerous Goods training- leaking packages should NEVER be delivered in a plastic bag or otherwise as one never knows exactly what is leaking. Also destroyed or badly ripped packages go down the belt for a csa agent to re-wrap

Star B

White Lightening
Express guy here- During Dangerous Goods training- leaking packages should NEVER be delivered in a plastic bag or otherwise as one never knows exactly what is leaking. Also destroyed or badly ripped packages go down the belt for a csa agent to re-wrap
lol, in a perfect station.

In our station, ripped or destroyed packages go out for delivery all the time because nobody staffs the rewrap station as the CSAs are busier than snot working on 0s and the handlers clock out the second the cans are empty.

Also, leaking packages go out in plastic bags as soon as whatevers leaking is ID'd as safe and not haz.

all in the name of saving pennies, inept mgmt, and not having to admit fault.

dezguy

I refuse to take stuff that's beat to hell, out. I just don't want to deal with the con because their anger is directed towards me.

Management doesn't care because the con looses their :censored2: on the courier, refuses the del and doesn't have to deal with any of it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Before I retired it was ages that I had seen anyone working at a rewrap station. There was always damaged packages loaded directly on to vehicles without a second thought. The management always stuck their heads in the sand like a bunch of ostriches. As long as they didn't have to deal with the customer it was OK with them.

Great leadership Fred.

McFeely

Huge Member
I recently had an amazon package that was torn open and completely empty when it got to the station. I didn't take it out that day, but sent it to the CSA for proper coding, etc.

The next day, my entire station was reminded that we are to take out ALL packages regardless of condition so that the customer can refuse them and therefore file the claim with the shipper.

So now I get to bring an empty package to a customer, hope that they're home, tell them that I'm trying to deliver absolutely NOTHING to them, and get them to agree that they want to refuse the package. Makes perfect sense.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I recently had an amazon package that was torn open and completely empty when it got to the station. I didn't take it out that day, but sent it to the CSA for proper coding, etc.

The next day, my entire station was reminded that we are to take out ALL packages regardless of condition so that the customer can refuse them and therefore file the claim with the shipper.

So now I get to bring an empty package to a customer, hope that they're home, tell them that I'm trying to deliver absolutely NOTHING to them, and get them to agree that they want to refuse the package. Makes perfect sense.
What?!

You expect to pass YOUR problem to a CSA, and potentially to a manager?
You think a phone call is a more efficient way to handle YOUR problem?
Do you not realize that without their coffee and cigarette breaks that CSA’s and managers end up with PTSD?
We need @59 Dano to educate you on your proper place in the scheme of things!
Sheesh!

bacha29

Can't speak for Xpress but XG will try anything to get people to take boxes obviously battered or damaged in an effort to get out of paying a claim. In doing so you're not delivering it...you're dumping it. Whenever I saw a box that looked like it's had a rough trip I would either mark it on the box or tell them directly to get it out of the crate examine it immediately and report any damages ASAP.

TNT Frosty

What we get told, is due to the number of damaged boxes going to our off-side for "refuse to deliver"... if the box can still be moved, to get the customer to sign saying damaged, that way the forms for either an insurance or for replacment (what ever is cheaper), gets done by our head office here in australia (NSW), rather then the VIC office...

P.S. we only have 3 people who deal with damaged goods, and they hate working/doing the paper work, and rather get our SYD office do the paper work.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Express guy here- During Dangerous Goods training- leaking packages should NEVER be delivered in a plastic bag or otherwise as one never knows exactly what is leaking.

It says what's in the package right there on the package and on the shipper's declaration that's attached to the package.

59 Dano

Also, leaking packages go out in plastic bags as soon as whatevers leaking is ID'd as safe and not haz.

all in the name of saving pennies, inept mgmt, and not having to admit fault.

It's perfectly acceptable to send out pkgs in bags when it is safe to do so.

59 Dano

That's how most large shippers prefer it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Declared DG that is leaking should never be delivered. That's policy. Ttku...
Reminds me of a CSA on the belt who was handed a leaking package for determination. She sniffed of it, then stuck a finger in it and tasted it.

All I could do was shake my head and shudder.