Using left at with pre record

Tough Guy

I had a section of apartments off a driver today. He told me there was a way he does it where he can leave anything that's ni1 at the managers office.

I should've had him text me what it was. I thought I understood him in the phone but when I tried it I wasn't sure how to finish it. I know it was something with going into the prerecord screen, and using the "la/res or la/com" keys. So I tried that and they all had the "la" designation in the pre record screen, but I couldn't figure out how to actually stop complete them from there.
It would bring up a message to remove the left at designation of i wanted to re open the stop.

I wound up just rescanning them under one stop and voiding the prerecorded stops.

So what was I supposed to do at the prerecord screen then? The only other apartment complexes I've done haven't had an option to take them to an office, so this diad feature was new to me.

hyena

I had a section of apartments off a driver today. He told me there was a way he does it where he can leave anything that's ni1 at the managers office.

I should've had him text me what it was. I thought I understood him in the phone but when I tried it I wasn't sure how to finish it. I know it was something with going into the prerecord screen, and using the "la/res or la/com" keys. So I tried that and they all had the "la" designation in the pre record screen, but I couldn't figure out how to actually stop complete them from there.
It would bring up a message to remove the left at designation of i wanted to re open the stop.

I wound up just rescanning them under one stop and voiding the prerecorded stops.

So what was I supposed to do at the prerecord screen then? The only other apartment complexes I've done haven't had an option to take them to an office, so this diad feature was new to me.
image.gif

Sounds more complicated then it really is once you have done it once or twice. I would have to have a DIAD in front of me to describe the procedure but I am sure someone else could do a better job.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Pre record them. Than tag each one LA/Res. Then signature. After stop complete, location office. Some say NI1 each package and then re-sheet. Wrong.

Tough Guy

Pre record them. Than tag each one LA/Res. Then signature. After stop complete, location office. Some say NI1 each package and then re-sheet. Wrong.
How do you get the signature to apply to all prerecorded stops? That's what I couldn't figure out. I couldn't "reopen" them after hitting the left at key while still in pre record.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
How do you get the signature to apply to all prerecorded stops? That's what I couldn't figure out. I couldn't "reopen" them after hitting the left at key while still in pre record.
You don't re open them. There will be a list of the stops with LA on each one. Just hit signature while that list is showing.

Bottom rung

That is correct. There's an apartment complex in town where IE took the allowances away from. On car has them sheet ni1 then dup/res at office now.

Box Ox

Scan an Infonotice after the package(s) for each nobody home apartment stop and write on it that the stuff is at the office. Then hit prerecord and repeat the process at each nobody home apartment. Each prerecorded stop comes out of EDD but it's still there.

Before you go into the apartment office, hit the prerecord button in EDD and your list of nobody home apartment stops and their piece counts will pop up. Mark each LA/Res.

With everything marked LA/Res,hit the signature button. Get the sig, clarify name, then hit stop complete. Location 7, Office. Then manually type in "Office" when prompted and hit the enter button.

DIAD takes a sec, beeps, and your prerecord list should be cleared out. Congrats, you've gotten credit for every apartment.

bddaddy

Wouldn't that be LA/com since your leaving them at the office? I stop complete at each apartment and then rescan and put in pre record. This way I get credit for the attempt and credit for the office stop.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Wouldn't that be LA/com since your leaving them at the office? I stop complete at each apartment and then rescan and put in pre record. This way I get credit for the attempt and credit for the office stop.
Its res because the delivery is for a resi. If you were indirecting a business it would be commercial. I would not be sheeting those packages twice either, but that's just me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Unless you are designating each of the stops brought to the office as dup la re you are padding stops.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Unless you are designating each of the stops brought to the office as dup la re you are padding stops.
Should not be sheeting packages twice, scan package at apt, if not in, instead of ni1 the package should be put into prerecord then del to office. Each apt is a separate stop and is not a duplicate stop.

Overpaid Union Thug

If one is actually for the office then that one piece is LA/com. I've had giant apt complexes with 20 pieces and every other one was LA/com.