Using Managers To Run SDR Routes

thedownhillEXPRESS

I actually like my current mgr(most I have despised) it was actually a difficult decision for me to let my integrity go and WAD but even a seasoned employee like myself who remembers this company as the one that got her a house nice vehicles and use to take care of her families needs has been broken due to the insanity these days. I believe my mgr is close to it herself just by her demeanor and the lack of enthusiasm she shows when speaking on all the changes put upon us by upper mgmnt. It basically comes across as a "this is how it as to be even though I don't agree" statement. I guess a lot of ops mgrs are just WAD also they really don't have any ability to run their operations anymore.

Bravo!!
Well said.

CharleyHustle

Exactly. they just enforce the stupidity coming down from MEM. In my station, they are pulling 12-14 hour days already, going crazy trying to make DRA work (good luck), and generally being :censored2: upon in all directions. Like I said, I know of several good ones who have had it and are stepping down. I'm sure there are plenty of others thinking about it.

If they are putting in 12 hour days mon-fri then driving a route on Saturday they are most likely in violation of DOT rules. A call to the Weighmaster might be in order.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If they are putting in 12 hour days mon-fri then driving a route on Saturday they are most likely in violation of DOT rules. A call to the Weighmaster might be in order.

Managers don't punch a clock. Impossible to prove, and if they said anything themselves, it would be "bye-bye". That said, I'm sure there were a lot of managers on-road Saturday who were at around 75 hours for the week.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I guess a lot of ops mgrs are just WAD also they really don't have any ability to run their operations anymore.

It's really been that way for awhile. It just gets more stupid everyday with each idioitic idea upper mangement hands down it seems to be more of a joke then the last one and the station management has their hands tied more and more along the way. In essence, MT3 and Fred are every stations senior managers. Express has become infected that much with their poison.

Maui

Managers don't punch a clock. Impossible to prove, and if they said anything themselves, it would be "bye-bye". That said, I'm sure there were a lot of managers on-road Saturday who were at around 75 hours for the week.

Can also get around it by delivering in a van. <10,000 lbs is excluded from DOT CMV. That said, if people are looking for hours then management should not be running routes even if they only worked 30 hours.

hypo hanna

Can also get around it by delivering in a van. <10,000 lbs is excluded from DOT CMV. That said, if people are looking for hours then management should not be running routes even if they only worked 30 hours.
Yep, drivers cut to 35 hours and managers driving routes with 50-60 hours on duty. Nothing could possibly go wrong here.

CharleyHustle

The rules don't make a distinction between salary and hourly, managers get the same treatment. If you suspect a manager or anyone for that matter is over on hours and still driving you should notify the persons boss and if no results make a formal complaint to the State Police.

Bankrupt

I'm hearing that a lot of locations required management to come-in today and do Saturday routes to cut hours and OT. Think this makes them happy? Oh, and you can't do this type of thing at UPS, as their contract forbids management taking work from hourlies.
Asked one of coworkers that worked sat if the sat mgr went on road of if any other mgrs were at the bldg. Not at our location he said

Bankrupt

Asked one of coworkers that worked sat if the sat mgr went on road of if any other mgrs were at the bldg. Not at our location he said
We don't have much freight all week so little ot I presume and the majority of our sat crew are tue/sat. I guess our ops mgrs got lucky on this one.

SmithBarney

What happens to these new employees when DRA crashes? Do they know their areas? Do they know how to plot their stops? Mapsco went under so where are the maps? This is a train wreck waiting to happen.

HAH, the old employees can't even figure out the split anymore, they refuse to look at anything but the lil yellow label..