Using the "not ready" option for jerks?

Please Call Center

Ive done not ready... better than falsifying documents. They weren't ready.... see them tomorrow... better than lying, ni1 or refused.

And wallgreens. Wtf.
I delivered to about 6 or 7 different stores. But 1 insisted to use the back door that they take forever to answer.. had a nda for cosmetics so i figured, lets just get it there quick... manager was at counter and said i need to go around back.... i was like im sorry, figured it was a nda and was important... she said no go to back door... nope, refused....
What reason do you use when you sheet it as refused?

Indecisi0n

If I am at a dock I ring the bell and wait. If I have enough time to service cross all the boxes and fill out a notice then I'll see you tomorrow.

MC0493

Interesting, Walgreens i've been delivering to I just walk in the front door and just get whoever is up front to sign and i'm on my way. Been having issues at kmart lately but that's apparently due to lack of staffing. I have zero patience for standing around waiting.

brostalss

Walmart always tried this crap with me. Used to tell me what number I was in line. I'd sheet everything NR1 and leave. Get the Msg to return and I'd come back 1 minute before the receiving closed. After 3 weeks of doing this every day they started dropping 2 pallets at my truck as soon as they saw me.

A week ago I had to deal with a customer in a apt on the 5th floor. He wanted to ship out 17 boxes and needed labels. I dropped labels off 2 hours before the pick up time. When I returned he wasn't ready. Put NR in the pick up and left. When he complained and they told me to come back. I showed up at 845pm with a big smile on my face. ;)

Gotta love Walmart. I love it when they take their lunch break between 9:00am and 10:00am. The time in which I show up everyday.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
"Then you and I can both walk to the back door right now so that we can all say that the package was signed for at the back door. Or I can send it back as refused so as to avoid inconveniencing you. I understand that you have other customers, but so do I."
I would of said "ok you're refusing it I'll send it back"

Maybe that's why I get called rude a lot. Lol

MassWineGuy

I tried that. They told me they would not sign unless I was at the backdoor and they did not have time to go back there. I came back the next day.

I hate this whenever it happens on my FedEx Express route. An Apple store last week had its back door locked and the manager gave me a ton if bs when I came in the front door.

If I'm picking up I wait a moment or two if It looks like it will actually be ready. If it clearly won't, I politely explain that I can't wait. Delivering, I don't waste more than two minutes waiting or trying to find an address. I'm lucky to have a manager who tells me "You don't wait."

Box Ox

9 out of ten they leave it to the driver... I can tell you haven't delivered a parcel...

An honest response of "That's cool, it'll be about x miles to go back and then resume the route again" usually does it for me. Also, mentioning the other breaks I might have to make due to having to make service using an ORION schedule I'd then be well behind on.

The decision is never left to me, but I wouldn't want it to be anyway. If your brilliant system isn't going to work, it won't be because of me.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I've got a delivery where I have to wait in a lobby...you hit "delivery" on an iPad and wait for someone to come...soemtimes they come sometimes they don't...I knocked once and they seriously FREAKED out...acted all scared like I was a terrorist...ni1 a lot of stuff there now cause they told me not to knock...fine with me

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
i hate the people who act like they're signing their life away if they sign for something...oh you don't feel comfortable signing for this box of paper towels and the receiving guy is on break? See ya tomorrow Norma.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I've got a delivery where I have to wait in a lobby...you hit "delivery" on an iPad and wait for someone to come...soemtimes they come sometimes they don't...I knocked once and they seriously FREAKED out...acted all scared like I was a terrorist...ni1 a lot of stuff there now cause they told me not to knock...fine with me
They don't show up in a couple of minutes I'm outta there, leaving an info notice by there delivery pad after a couple of times of not getting there stuff they'll start showing up.You train them don't let them train you.

ManInBrown

i hate the people who act like they're signing their life away if they sign for something...oh you don't feel comfortable signing for this box of paper towels and the receiving guy is on break? See ya tomorrow Norma.
Forget see ya tomorrow. If You're a living breathing human with working hands, and you don't sign, It's refused and RTS. If no one answers the door and they're open, then it's closed or NI1. You can't sheet that refused. Nothing you can do.

But If I make contact with a human and for whatever reason they won't sign it's refused EVERY SINGLE TIME. I don't care if you're not the designated person that signs for packages. Not my problem

Last edited:

outtatime

Reminds me of trying to deliver at an assembly plant or parts distribution center of a major American auto company. Once you actually get through security, find the correct location to deliver to, you have about a 1% chance the 1 guy allowed to sign is in the building.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
On my area. I don't go back. EVER. If they call the building they are told about where I am. They can come look for me.

I did deliver to a cvs once. I just filled a grocery cart and walked in the front door. She said to bring it to the back. I said ok wait by the door till I knock. I loaded it in the truck and left. Ni 1.see ya

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Its the same principle as delivering to a construction site. If they want the packages badly enough, they will find the willingness sign for them. If they are not willing to open the door in a timely manner or authorize an available person to sign, the packages get refused until the willingness is found, which usually happens the first time they find out that a badly needed package got refused.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Has Walgreens changed their "back door only" policy?

I had a NDA for them this morning. Went to the back door and as she was signing she said I could use the front door for future deliveries.

I will continue to use the back door.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Its the same principle as delivering to a construction site. If they want the packages badly enough, they will find the willingness sign for them. If they are not willing to open the door in a timely manner or authorize an available person to sign, the packages get refused until the willingness is found, which usually happens the first time they find out that a badly needed package got refused.
I did that at a lot of businesses during the strike when "Union" sympathizers including AT&T.
The 'boss' from AT&T tracked me down to get his packages after his workers told him they were being returned.
The other went back with center manager's blessing.